Got my 8100 Pearl about 2 months ago now. First time BlackBerry user but loving ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

JokerN1978 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2528CE64

Accessory Gripes

Advertisement

Got my 8100 Pearl about 2 months ago now. First time BlackBerry user but loving the instant emails, MSN messenger and Calendar.

My only gripe is the lack of accessories. Now to be fair, I am in the UK and dont know what sort of BB take-up there is outside of corporate users.
    I know a few people who have bought 8700 and 7100 series BB's before and got a carry case included. No problem I thought, I'll just buy one. No such luck, havent been able to find any retail stores that carry accessories for the 8100.

Quite annoying as the 8100 is supposed to be the foray into the retail market and I cant buy accessories without paying silly online prices and carriage.

AEluron no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E0AB9B

Re: Accessory Gripes

Around here (Kentucky, USA), all the retail stores have Pearl items, usually on little display stands in the middle of the store.

Have you looked at the numerous online sources yet? There are plenty of products for your Pearl available.

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

I agree with joker, the UK has a very limited choice of accessories and certainly none in any stores.

Plenty available from the US on-line but the shipping costs are ridiculous !!( sometimes more than the actual cost of the item)

Sedio has a branch in spain, but the shipping to the UK is not much cheaper than from the states.

Gaz.
    ( I smell a business opportunity,UK stackers unite !!)

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Just use Seidio. I know shipping can kill yah but you get a quality product for what you are paying for. If you find one in the stand at a mall it is usually not good quality(at least the ones I have seen and used).

JokerN1978 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2528CE64

There are a few online stores (even in the UK) that have compatible cases etc but I want an original BlackBerry case.
    Finally bit the bullet and bought one from the BlackBerry store online. It was £14.99 (around $30) for the case and £12 (around $24!) for shipping.

I bought my 8100 from Orange (UK carrier - I believe I had one of the first released) and even on their website the only accessory they have for an 8100 is a generic mobile phone case. Nothing else. Their retail stores have been very vague about what accessories they will get.

AEluron no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E0AB9B

That's the correct price for the item, but that shipping is killer! Too bad you couldn't find someone here stateside to pick one up and ship it to you. We could have shipped them for $5-10, with $10 being Global Priority Mail.