Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OK as you might know i recently had a problem with my screen of my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

5ive no está en línea Stack level 2

Arrow Absolutely Rediculous

Advertisement

OK as you might know i recently had a problem with my screen of my blackberry pearl. It is in the screen itself and is not physical, it is a blue-ish discoloration, sort of like an ink blot. Think of putting a magnet on a TV and thats what you get. Well i noticed this right after i dropped my phone in the woods, now let me explain to you the conditions.
    -It was in the case
    -Dropped in a pile of leaves
    -Totally dry out at the time
    -Had virtually no impact falling from my waist to the ground into a pile of leaves
    -Left there for literally less than 2 minutes

Now let me get this straight, you drop it from 3 feet up onto a pillow and it is going to break? Its rediculous...and then i call up TMobile and they say if i send it back and they find that i did drop it, im automatically charged 100 dollars. The phone has 1000% no physical nor water damage to it besides this little distortion. IS THE PEARL REALLLLY THAT FRAGILE???

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    Sorry to hear about your situation,
    my pearl isnt that fragile I dropped it on the concrete twice with no case from about waist height also, other than some unsightly scratches no damage.

How long have you had it... something like this I believe Rim has a one year warranty you should look into, if you havent already exchanged the phone.

Yea ive only had it for a week, and called Tmobile, they said i can send it back, but if they found they i dropped it they AUTOMATICALLY charge 100$ to the account. im gettin really steamed about this...

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    Well if you have only had it a week you can take it back to the store where you got it and show them the screen, they have a 14 day policy here is the link about the policy.
    http://support.t-mobile.com/knowbase...ic/tm21963.htm

if you arent satisfied they exchange the phone with a new one or money back.

like you said there is no physical or water damage to it, I doubt they would find that you dropped it.

dwc
    dwc no está en línea Stack level 2
    Perhaps a chipmunk, woodchuck, or other small woodland creature gnawed on your pearl whilst it was in the pile of leaves, resulting in the damage you noticed?

its already passed 14 days, i think im going to take a gamble and send it in, do you think they will be able to find some sort of internal damage?

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I once was taking apart a phone and cracked the LCD. The crystals bled everywhere. I complained and they sent me a new phone. Took the new phone apart and put my old screen in the new phone and the new screen in my old phone. Sent back their new phone and told them mine was working again. No questions asked. Dont recommend this though.

Alex

richardrblc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22cf4edb
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i would send it in to get it fixed it could be just defective screen

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Alex! Sweet move! Stick it to the Man!

Seems a bit strange that the screen would become discoloured after such a non-event.

Question: is the discolouration centred around the pearl/trackball? Do you see the discolouration all the time?

Just curious because, although I've not dropped my Pearl, nor has a woodland creature releaved itself on my Pearl, I do notice a discolouration in the screen, it's gradual, getting worse going towards the pearl. But I only notice it in low-light / dark conditions when the keyboard & pearl-ball backlight is illuminated.

jhowle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3115EE05
    i know what ur getting at, it just from the manufacturing process of making the screen.

X Factor no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204AEE68
    I dropped mine with no case or anything other than the BSE on it from my pocket getting into a friends car straight to the grown and absolutely nothing happened, BSE kept it from getting any scratches and it fell pretty damn hard. Absolutely nothing wrong at all afterwords, still 100%.
    My music is so loud, i'm swinging.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Send it back, they won't find anything wrong, as long as the dot isn't red!

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846
    As long as there aren't any serious scratches or debts in the phone or the water damage indicator isn't red, they can't charge you because they would have no proof, send it in!

twheeler no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E261CF
    I dropped mine from my pocket getting onto my motorcycle and the entire screen cracked and shattered. It was also in a case. I used asurion insurance and got a new one in two days. It still cost $110 deductable though, so even at $100 on your bill you're ahead of the insurance game.

IMO the Pearl is more fragile than my other BB devices. When I dropped this one it looked like it hit on the side of the device right by the right side convenience key. the screen spidered out from there. No other ill effects and everything else worked without a problem.

jxk
    jxk no está en línea Stack level 1
    the pearl's not that fragile, and a small drop like that shouldn't be detectable. but once you admit that you dropped it that voids the warranty regardless of whether it had anything to do with your problem. cust care cannot file a warranty exchange if you admit dropping it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast