UGH! everytime someone sends me a picture message i get a message saying "could not ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Ya NasSsty no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AC9BAE

About to throw my phone against the wall.........!!!!!!!

Advertisement

UGH! everytime someone sends me a picture message i get a message saying "could not retrieve message content"! so then click retrieve now and nothing happens...EVER!!!!!! ive done everything! i have the service book, i have unlimited data plan, ive pulled the battery...someone please help me
    Why everything that's suppose to be bad make me feel so good?

russcrypto no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Re: About to throw my phone against the wall.........!!!!!!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

There is a known issue with MMS between T-Mobile and other carriers. I don't know for sure, but I think it is something on their side. There isn't any "fix" that you can do yourself. There is a work around though. MMS can be sent like an email. Have them send it to your BB email address, and are if that doesn't work. That's how I got around the problem.

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4

T-Mobile?

Ya NasSsty no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AC9BAE

of course......damn tmobile
    Why everything that's suppose to be bad make me feel so good?

harm_dzines no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Ya NasSsty
    UGH! everytime someone sends me a picture message i get a message saying "could not retrieve message content"! so then click retrieve now and nothing happens...EVER!!!!!! ive done everything! i have the service book, i have unlimited data plan, ive pulled the battery...someone please help me
    Try sending a picture from your BB to your self (BB)
    I have to do that every once in a while to my wifes BB in order to get pix.
    Hope this helps ya
    Last edited by harm_dzines; 07-22-2007 at 05:02 PM.

stranjal7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    #ASK#

I used to have this problem and for some reason I wasn't ever able to get mms when I was running IM+. But when I signed out and closed that program , I had no problems.I guess try closing some apps . Not sure but I know someone here can help you or direct you in the right direction so just sit tight my friend.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

xxchixorxx no está en línea Stack level 3

I'm on T-mobile and haven't had any problem getting pictures on my 8700, and I've had them sent as both an attachment to an email and through the BB messenger. Must be either the model or the OS that's causing the problem?

*~Sheila~*
    243A0D29

7100sib no está en línea Stack level 2

Tell your friends to send mms to your email that is connected to your pearl. if you are in tmobile you should be able to open the picture drom your email. works for me on TMO.

Kilted Bradley no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by xxchixorxx
    I'm on T-mobile and haven't had any problem getting pictures on my 8700, and I've had them sent as both an attachment to an email and through the BB messenger. Must be either the model or the OS that's causing the problem?
    She's having problems via MMS (text) which is different than both Email (data) and BBM (pin.)

jmarley no está en línea Stack level 2

i have a question concering bb email. i haven't done the personal email setup, how many email accounts can you have at one time? also, is it secure and safe? i imagine it is but i just worry about stuff like that. i hope the problem gets resolved, ya nasSsty, is there an upgrade to your OS? Maybe thatll solve some problems?

7100sib no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kilted Bradley
    She's having problems via MMS (text) which is different than both Email (data) and BBM (pin.)
    I know this but I had the same problem and went around it by asking my friends to put my email address in the send to field instead of my phone number. It will arrive as an email with attachment. You can get around the problem for sending and avoid MMS charges if you only have a data plan by sending emails to phonenumber@vtext.com as well and it will send the file via email from your phone but arrive as MMS on other phones.

Try it or not, no loss to me just a suggestion to get around MMS problems from other vendors.

7100sib

laydeejj no está en línea Stack level 2

i had this and thought it was annoying. it only happened when i was on the rogers os. i went back to the tmobile .64 and it did not do that anymore. that one had a lot of droped calls though so i changed os to the cingular .73 and have yet to have any issues.

just my thoughts!

labevlol no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~sometimes I receive pics perfectly fine. If I receive a blank one I just simply ask the person to resend the picture. 95 percent of the time the picture shows up for me I know everyone has their own little trick but I figured I'd throw mine in