Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ If you don't want to worry about battery life, go to www.seidioonline.com ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ If you don't want to worry about battery life, go to www.seidioonline.com and order an extended battery. I recommend the 1250 mAh slim OEM battery. Extra power without a new battery door. I'm getting it when I get my 8120.

I have the other 2 1250 and 1500mAh slim extended batteries, which required new doors, as well as the bulky 2400mAh large extended battery with its door. I alternate between the 3 depending on how much power I need. I also have been known to use the battery that came with the Pearl. I get 1 to 3 days of use from whatever battery I pick.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Here is the place I go to get a really good screen protector. 8100 screen will fit the 8120.

http://stores.ebay.com/Stanley-Marke...QQftidZ2QQtZkm
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 05-01-2008 at 06:35 PM.

icaro2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Well I got the curve yesterday, and due to the loose battery cover, I sent it back today. I played with it for a while last night. I was able to jump on the web and right away with the data plan. I'm not sure if I was on wifi or not though. The phone is great, but the loose battery cover is a no-go right off the bat for me.

T-mobile is sending me out a new curve now instead of another 8120. After playing with the 8320 in the store I think it would actually be easier for me to type on with either one or two hands due to the fact that I have longer than usual thumbs. The pearl's size made my thumbs feel cramped weather I was one hand, or two hand typing. I think I could one-hand type on the curve with more ease.

I take online college classes, and I think the curve would be better suited to viewing long strings of text and for posting lengthy replies to class discussion threads.

You mean you got the 8120 yesterday? The Curve sounds perfect for your needs and when the new OS comes out, it will do everything the 8120 does plus have bigger screen and full keyboard. I think you will be very happy with it. What color did you choose? I have the Pale Gold. PM me when you get the 8320 and I will help you set up wifi and everything.

Make sure you get a screen protector, I posted where I get mine on here and a gel skin from the TMO store for $9.99 or from ebay where I got some of mine. The black looks really good with the gold or the titanium. It helps protect and keeps it from slipping out of your hand and does not make it bulkier.

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Oops. Yeah I meant to say I got and returned the pearl yesterday, not the curve.

The curve is in the shipping process now!! Should be here by no later than may 7th.

I started missing my 8320 and I went to turn it on and the internet is working on it and I don't even have my sim card in it. I can still surf on it. Wierd but Cool!

What color did you choose?

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    It might be on connected to your wifi?

I just checked UPS tracking and the curve is scheduled to arrive this Monday. Good thing, because I shipped out the pearl on Friday! After playing with it for one night and being able to surf the web right away, I am now jonesing for a BB even more now.

One thing I noticed was that the sound coming out of the pearl (while held up to my ear)was not as clear and loud as the sound coming out of the 8800 I played with earlier this month.

How is the sound on your 8120 when holding it to your ear? How is it on the curve?

If you still had the plastic on the back?
    There is a speaker hole on the battery cover and if the plastic was still on then it was covered and would sound muffled. My 8120 has awesome sound on speaker, headphones and on calls. The Curve has better sound than the 8100 Pearl, but, the 8120 has better sound than the Curve, But the Curve is great and your going to looove it!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    I'm not talking about the speaker sound out of the back of the phones. I mean the tiny ear hole speaker for when your holding the phone to your ear while making a regular call. I didn't mean the speaker phone.

I'm sure the 8120's speaker phone is better quality than the 8320 because it has two speakers instead of one (and its in stereo).

thecoolfool no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by icaro2000 View Post
    First time poster here! Great forum with tons of info and helpful people.
    I was thinking about ordering either the new Pearl 8120, or the curve 8320 from T-mobile (I'am a long time t-mobile customer).

Here is my decision making dilemma...

With a 2 year extension upgrade I can buy the pearl 8120 for $304.99 (there seems to be no upgrade fee at this time)
    Without a 2 year extension upgrade the Pearl 8120 would cost me $367.99

With a 2 year extension upgrade I can buy the curve for $367.99

w/2 yr ext:
    8120 - $289.99 ($304.99 w/ taxes)
    8320 - $349.99 ($367.99 w/taxes)

w/o 2 yr ext:
    8120 - $349.99 ($367.99 w/ taxes)

I am having a hard time deciding if I should use my 2 year upgrade extension, or if I should wait to use the extension upgrade next year when T-mobile has 3G fully running and all the new phones are out. My contract ends next December.

Even if I decide that I don't care weather or not I add the 2 year extension upgrade, I still don't know if I should get the curve with the extension upgrade, or the pearl for the same price without the extension upgrade?

And finally, if I decide to do the extension upgrade, the pearl will be about $70 cheaper than getting the extension upgrade with the curve.
    What would you do?

Also-
    If I were to try and get a cheaper discount like I have heard some people are getting, who should I ask to speak to at T-mobile? (Customer Care? Retention?)
    What should I say to the operator if they ask why I want to talk to customer care or the retention department?

Thanks for any advice in advanced.
    You can get all the phones you named on eBay or craigslist for $100-$200 less than the prices Tmobile gave you. Just put your sim card in and you're ready to go. (Thats the only thing I miss about being with Tmobile; switching phones whenever I got ready to!)
    Holler at me if you need some fresh ringtones.

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Re-read the thread, and you'll see that I got the t-mobile upgrade customer loyalty prices of 139.99 for the 8120 (before $50 rebate) and 239.99 for the curve (before $50 rebate).

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345