Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I got the 20 dollar data plan, but the lady I talked with at the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

icaro2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Advertisement

I got the 20 dollar data plan, but the lady I talked with at the retention department at T-MO said that even if I don't get the data plan, I can still access the internet anywhere there is free wifi. Maybe she didn't understand what they are offering either? I know that most of the times, people I have talked to at T-mobile are not to tech-savvy.

I have read elsewhere that people are surfing the net with wifi and no data plan. I have also read that you can surf the net for free over an unsecured wifi network except that most of (if not all of) the apps will not work.

I don't know... It looks like I am going to find out for myself either way.
    It also makes the most sense what mistergreg wrote above.
    Last edited by icaro2000; 04-29-2008 at 03:18 AM.

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Geesh..
    I already feel like Im getting some kind of craving or addiction and I haven't even gotten my hands on it yet.

I was given an 8800 because the original owner upgraded to an iphone.
    I used it for a little less than a week, and got to know how to navigate it pretty well, but I didn't even scratch the surface of what the BBs can do.
    Unfortunately, I traded the 8800 to another person for the Motorola A1200! The A1200 is a good phone in its own right, but it is no BB!
    Well now I know, and I have an 8120 on the way. I am even thinking about sending it right back and buying the 8320 instead. I played with both phones at the t-mo store today, and I really liked the feel and the screen size of the 8320.

Anyone interested in a used A1200? lol

mistergreg no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Question, do you have to have H@H to get wifi service from a starbucks or something like that? Will the wifi still connect to a wifi hotspot without the H&H plan? Even if it uses your minutes to make a call? I do not use close to my minute plan right now and have a landline at home in order to have home internet, so not sure if H&H is worth having. Not a heavy phone user, more of a internet browser. (Mostly for Pinstack)
    No you don't have to have H@H at Starbucks.

Quote Originally Posted by icaro2000 View Post
    Geesh..
    I already feel like Im getting some kind of craving or addiction and I haven't even gotten my hands on it yet.

I was given an 8800 because the original owner upgraded to an iphone.
    I used it for a little less than a week, and got to know how to navigate it pretty well, but I didn't even scratch the surface of what the BBs can do.
    Unfortunately, I traded the 8800 to another person for the Motorola A1200! The A1200 is a good phone in its own right, but it is no BB!
    Well now I know, and I have an 8120 on the way. I am even thinking about sending it right back and buying the 8320 instead. I played with both phones at the t-mo store today, and I really liked the feel and the screen size of the 8320.

Anyone interested in a used A1200? lol
    I think my thumbs are too big to use an 8320, so I switched back to a Pearl, and got the 8120 and I feel that the 8120's keypad is the most responsive I've ever used on a BlackBerry and I'd never switch back.

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    The keyboards do not really matter to me unless the suretype ends up giving me headaches(which I don't think it would). The screen size is really the only thing that draws me to the 8320. That and it looks a little more techy gadget-wise.

I thought the same way but actually simply preferred holding a small phone and keeping a small phone in my pocket. I like having the power without all the size :-)

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistergreg View Post
    I thought the same way but actually simply preferred holding a small phone and keeping a small phone in my pocket. I like having the power without all the size :-)
    I feel ya.
    I'm thinking I'll probably just keep the 8120 when it arrives. MY first attraction to it was the 8gb card capacity and 3.5 mm headphone jack.
    The 100 dollar difference is also helping to convince me that the 8120 is the better deal for me right now.

I do like the look and the feel of the 8320 though. I still haven't made up my mind. The new OS on the 8120 seemed a little snappier than on the 8320 when I played with them side by side in the store.

Will the 8120 be able to upgrade to the 4.5 OS when it is released?

Is there a noticeable difference between the 8120 and the 8320 when viewing and posting to sites like pinstack? Is it any harder to view the web sites on the smaller screen?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I don't know about the 88XX or 83XX but I have really been able to tell the difference between my 7XXX(7730, 7100t and 7105t) series and the 8100 series. The 81XX seems to be much faster when posting than my others. But each one was faster than the previous BB. I just want to see how much faster WiFi is than EDGE.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    The wifi rocks and is much faster than Edge. Your going to love it!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Does wifi burn the battery down?

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    I'm not necessarily referring to the difference in speed between the 8320 and 8120. I'm wondering, Is there a difference in the way the web pages are displayed on the smaller screen vs. larger screen. Does the smaller screen handicap the web pages compared to the 8320? Is it harder to navigate a web page on the smaller screen than on the larger one? Not in terms of speed, but in the way everything on the web page is displayed on the screens?

Also, is it true that some applications work on the curve but not on the pearl? I'm pretty sure I read something about that somewhere.

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    I guess this photo posted in the gallery here gives an acceptable idea of the screen size differences. It would be cool to see side by side comparisons of different web pages, video, applications, and media players on the 8120 and 8320 in photo or in video formats.

Quote Originally Posted by icaro2000 View Post
    I'm not necessarily referring to the difference in speed between the 8320 and 8120. I'm wondering, Is there a difference in the way the web pages are displayed on the smaller screen vs. larger screen. Does the smaller screen handicap the web pages compared to the 8320? Is it harder to navigate a web page on the smaller screen than on the larger one? Not in terms of speed, but in the way everything on the web page is displayed on the screens?

Also, is it true that some applications work on the curve but not on the pearl? I'm pretty sure I read something about that somewhere.
    I have found no difference on viewing the web sites between the two. There is a difference on themes and wallpapers because the screen size is different for the two. Just make sure you do not download an 8300 theme/wallpaper on the 8120 and vice versa for the 8320

Icaro, did you get your 8120 today? I did and it Rocks. I really think I like it better than my Curve.. PM me when you get yours. I'm in love with it right now!!!!

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    I just checked the ups website with my tracking number and it's due to arrive tomorrow. I'm still trying decide between the two phones. Is it true that the curve has a better battery life than the pearl? If so, how much longer does the curve last on a full charge?

It would be good to know if the 8gb microsdhc cards will work on the curve with the 4.5 OS update.

Do you recommend a good stick-on screen protector?
    Last edited by icaro2000; 05-01-2008 at 02:14 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast