Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Couldn't post a url on your other thread. Go here for the rebate info: http://www.tmobilerebates.com/splash...&InqSource=TMO ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

Advertisement

Couldn't post a url on your other thread. Go here for the rebate info:

http://www.tmobilerebates.com/splash...&InqSource=TMO

They won't tell you about it, but if you signed a new contract, then you qualify for the rebate. Choose existing customer upgrade through C/S. It searches for the rebate and then it shows you the rebate and you fill it out. Then you print it and send it with the label on the side of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by icaro2000 View Post
    Another reason why I would prefer to get my phone at a Store is because then I could exchange it for a gauranteed new phone instead of just a refurbished one. Usually stores give you at least a 30 day return period.
    As long as you return the phone UPS within the 14 day period of when you received it, you will receive a brand new phone, not refurbished. I had to exchange my Curve (was within the 14 day period) because the letter J was sticking and I called TMO and they gave me the return address, I created a shipping label on ups.com. Called c/s back with the tracking number and they credited me $10.00 for shipping and sent out the new phone that day. Slapped the printed label on the pakage, then I just dropped it off at UPS prepaid.

You do not have to wait for your phone to be received by TMO. As long as you provide them with a tracking number, they will send it out that day.

icaro2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Great info! I'll keep this in mine during my first two weeks of pearl ownership!

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Couldn't post a url on your other thread. Go here for the rebate info:

http://www.tmobilerebates.com/splash...&InqSource=TMO

They won't tell you about it, but if you signed a new contract, then you qualify for the rebate. Choose existing customer upgrade through C/S. It searches for the rebate and then it shows you the rebate and you fill it out. Then you print it and send it with the label on the side of the box.
    Should I do this when I get the phone, or do I need to wait until the first 14 days have passed?

You don't have to wait, but I do, because if something goes wrong with it, or you have buyers remorse it might void the return because you already used the rebate. It is just my preference. I don't send it until I know that I am going to keep my phone.

Maybe someone can tell us if it will void it or not? Not sure about that.

But for the price that you got for your phone, you would make money if you sold it instead of returning it if you did not like it.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Will I be able to print out the rebate form even if I get my phone in the store? I want to get the rebate.

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Will I be able to print out the rebate form even if I get my phone in the store? I want to get the rebate.
    At the rebate web page linked above, there seems to be an option to click on if you bought your phone at a T-MO store.

Forgot to tell you that in order to get the rebate, they have to see that you have paid for it on your bill and that you have a bb service, either the email only for $9.99 or the unlimited plan.

via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mistergreg no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Forgot to tell you that in order to get the rebate, they have to see that you have paid for it on your bill and that you have a bb service, either the email only for $9.99 or the unlimited plan.

via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    In your experience, you get the rebate even if you only get a partial discount on pricing?

Yes, as long as you signed up for a contract renewal, you can receive the rebate. This has been my experience.

Also, you can use the rebate form online even if you buy from the store. You are regestering your rebate online and when you mail in your label, it maked the process faster and you receive an email that it has been received after you have mailed it.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Interesting! Good to know!

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    I am somewhat confused about the wifi option on the 8120.

The CS rep told me that when you log onto your own free wireless network, you don't use up your phone minutes even if you do not buy the hotspots@home feature. Is this correct? I was originally led to believe that if you did not buy the H@H plan that you would use your voice minutes up even when your on uma. The CS rep told me that it doesn't burn up the minutes, so I am a little confused. IS she wrong about that?

I also bought the Data plan for 19.99. Does the data plan include the hotspots@Home plan?
    I see how the main benefit to h@h would be to call for free over any starbucks wireless network or any free wireless network.

I do not know if it would even be worth it for me to get the h@h plan because I already have 1500 whenever minutes for ridiculously cheap. Its good to know the option is there though.

So if I do not get h@h, will I still be able to use uma with my voice minutes, and use the internet? If I am just surfing the net on a free wifi network, will that also use up my voice minutes? (that last question is probably a no-brainer, but I just wanted to get this straight)

I'm just as confused as you are. Maybe someone can tell us what plan services we should be using for the best value?

H@H + unlimied data plan, or just H@H + Bb email, That would help a lot!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ok

Data options:
    $10 - Unlimited E-Mail only (PIN messaging is activated with this plan as well)
    $20 - Unlimited Internet Access + E-Mail

H@H
    $10 - Unlimited calls (individual or family time plans) when connected to a WiFi network

You can still utilize UMA and connect to a router, but if you make calls, they WILL use your minutes without the H@H feature.

Also from what I understand, even with a router at home, if you don't pay for the internet access you can't browse with WiFi.

Any questions?

Question, do you have to have H@H to get wifi service from a starbucks or something like that? Will the wifi still connect to a wifi hotspot without the H&H plan? Even if it uses your minutes to make a call? I do not use close to my minute plan right now and have a landline at home in order to have home internet, so not sure if H&H is worth having. Not a heavy phone user, more of a internet browser. (Mostly for Pinstack)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast