Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

You are not getting the right rep. Did you call them back today to talk ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

Advertisement

You are not getting the right rep. Did you call them back today to talk about the upgrade prices like I suggested in your other thread? As I said, If I can get an 8120 for $139.99, so can you. I wasn't even due for an upgrade and you are. I am sure that retention can help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by icaro2000 View Post
    I called the store yesterday and they said I couldn't charge the phones to my T-mobile bill If I bought them there. I don't know if they would give the same upgrade fees or not though.
    So how come I am hearing about so many better upgrade deals than what I am being offered? I have been with T-mobile for over 5 years, and supposedly am a preferred customer.
    Retail stores won't give you a deal. You need to call TMO C/S and order through them to have it billed to your account and to get a good deal.

I forgot to add, Welcome to the Stacks! This is the best forum for all of your BB ?'s and needs.

mistergreg no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    I would cut out the stores----and go straight to CL or Ebay----you are getting a phone without a contract extention giving you more play power when the "new" blackberries come out and you want to upgrade at that time.....KWIM????

You can upgrade now (and take a hit, cause you are extending a contract)....and say for instance, the 9000 comes out by december----you either shell out full price, pay a gouged price on Ebay, or extend for ANOTHER two years, making it now a 3 1/2 year contract and STILL paying the higher TMo price.

I haven't heard what the WiFi does on a low connection. I was under the impression that it wasn't like the iPhones wifi (which does that).....that it was more for the benefit of wifi voice communication....clarity and stuff like that. I dunno though....i'd rather stick with GPS...at least I am clear on that function! LOL!
    I think you have the upgrade systems with T-Mobile VERY VERY wrong. First off, going through Craigslist or Ebay to purchase a phone leaves you without any warranty or any option to insure the phone unless you're buying it sealed. If you are, then you MAY get a warranty if the internal systems see it as a new phone.

Second, contracts don't aggregate. In a situation where a customer signed a 2 year contract 3 months ago, but lost their phone, it doesn't leave you with 3 years, 9 months. It leaves you with 2 years. A contract with the company will never be longer than 2 years.

I would never use craigslist as a means to do business to buy MY phones only because I'd like to know the phone I'm using can be replaced if there is a defect, or that I can insure it against physical damage.

Ultimately you're looking at paying more for a phone now, or paying more later. It all balances out in the end, so take your pick.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    You just have to put in ur sim card, take ur time and play with it. Make sure all the apps and functions work. People have gotten "broken" or faulty phones from tmo/att/verizon/sprint directly, so the risk is still there. At least on CL you can go play with it before buying it.
    Right, but the seller won't replace your phone if something is wrong with it. Buying through CL you may take a few minutes to look at the phone. Retail stores give you 14 or 30 days to return or exchange under ANY circumstance.

icaro2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    I forgot to add, Welcome to the Stacks! This is the best forum for all of your BB ?'s and needs.
    Thanks!, much appreciated!

As of 20 minutes ago I am now patiently waiting for my new Pearl 8120 to arrive next week. I did as you suggested and got through to "customer loyalty services" and got the $139.99 w/2 year extension upgrade!

Thanks for all the advice!
    I'm sure I'll be sticking around for all the useful information and friendly advice that I am sure I will need to get my new Pearl up and running appropriately.

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Is going through "customer loyalty services" a back door way to get a better deal than what's online or in the stores? Tell me more...

As of 20 minutes ago I am now patiently waiting for my new Pearl 8120 to arrive next week. I did as you suggested and got through to "customer loyalty services" and got the $139.99 w/2 year extension upgrade!

I'm sure I'll be sticking around for all the useful information and friendly advice that I am sure I will need to get my new Pearl up and running appropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
    Is going through "customer loyalty services" a back door way to get a better deal than what's online or in the stores? Tell me more...
    Customer Loyalty is a fancy name for retentions. They are really the only ones that can offer prices below advertised pricing on handsets. They are the people you speak to if you want to "cancel service."

Whoo Hoo, I new you could do it! Now don't forget to do your mail in rebate for another $50.00 off the price after your 14 day trial period. You have to print it out on tmobile.com because they do not send one with the phone. I ordered mine yesterday, so feel free to pm me and we can chat about our new phones or if you need help setting it up.

Quote Originally Posted by mistergreg View Post
    Customer Loyalty is a fancy name for retentions. They are really the only ones that can offer prices below advertised pricing on handsets. They are the people you speak to if you want to "cancel service."
    Now you guy's know what to do. Yes, retention c/s are the ones that want to keep your service, so they will try to give you a better deal to up your contract and keep you as a customer. It's better to speak with them than a reg c/s rep. I have been with TMO since 2002 and I have never ever had a problem and they have always helped me get the lowest price on every phone that I have purchased from them.

Retail stores do you no good unless you are a new customer.

What a lot of people like about retail stores is the ability to get the phone immediately and not wait. Some retail stores will even sell you the phone at retention pricing if it is notated in your account. ;-)

I tried that because c/s did note my account and I tried three stores to get my phone and none of them would honor it. They said they were not associated with TMO c/s whatever that meant. So, I had to have them deliver it, but, I only had to wait 3 days.

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Exactly-
    I think they just called it Customer Loyalty Service to make me feel more special.
    When you call T-mobile, just tell the customer service rep that you are thinking about getting a new phone, switching carries, or canceling your contract, and they will connect you to the retention department. The retention department (Customer Loyalty Department) will give you the best deals to keep you with T-mobile. The lady I spoke with said that because I have been with T-mobile for so long, that as a customer courtesy favor, she could bypass the rest of my contract time and give me the low discount price with a new 2 year extension.

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    What a lot of people like about retail stores is the ability to get the phone immediately and not wait. Some retail stores will even sell you the phone at retention pricing if it is notated in your account. ;-)
    Another reason why I would prefer to get my phone at a Store is because then I could exchange it for a gauranteed new phone instead of just a refurbished one. Usually stores give you at least a 30 day return period.

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Whoo Hoo, I new you could do it! Now don't forget to do your mail in rebate for another $50.00 off the price after your 14 day trial period. You have to print it out on tmobile.com because they do not send one with the phone. I ordered mine yesterday, so feel free to pm me and we can chat about our new phones or if you need help setting it up.
    Where at tmobile.com can I print out the $50.00 mail-in rebate?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast