I've had my pearl a few months and I love it, but one of the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Jacisipmac no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e9128a

Question A vibrate/ringtone question

Advertisement

I've had my pearl a few months and I love it, but one of the things thats always bothered me is that no matter what profile setting it's on, it always seems to vibrate for a while before it ever gets around to making any noise. It very closely resembles the "vibrate, then ring," profile found on many moto devices. I don't care for it much because if I leave my phone in another room, by the time I hear it I only have about a ring and a half's time to get to it before the person hangs up... I've looked through some options and nothing seemes to stick out to me as a way to disable this feature. I do make my own mp3 ringtones, but I don't leave any blank space at the beginning of them, and they always work perfectly on any other device they are put on.

Am i over looking something? is there an option to this effect? or is it just an RIM querk?

I suppose I understand the purpose of the feature, however in my situation it isn't very useful and I would love to be able to turn it off.

thank you

smalls no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: A vibrate/ringtone question

Quote Originally Posted by Jacisipmac
    I've had my pearl a few months and I love it, but one of the things thats always bothered me is that no matter what profile setting it's on, it always seems to vibrate for a while before it ever gets around to making any noise. It very closely resembles the "vibrate, then ring," profile found on many moto devices. I don't care for it much because if I leave my phone in another room, by the time I hear it I only have about a ring and a half's time to get to it before the person hangs up... I've looked through some options and nothing seemes to stick out to me as a way to disable this feature. I do make my own mp3 ringtones, but I don't leave any blank space at the beginning of them, and they always work perfectly on any other device they are put on.

Am i over looking something? is there an option to this effect? or is it just an RIM querk?

I suppose I understand the purpose of the feature, however in my situation it isn't very useful and I would love to be able to turn it off.

thank you
    You can go to Profiles > Advanced > Phone, and make sure that the ringer says Tone and not Vibrate & Tone.

PIN/ID
    23e9128a

well, id still like it to vibrate, but i want it to vibrate and ring as soon as i get a call, rather than vibrate first and then ring, but if thats as close as i can get i guess ill take it

thanks for the input

Er0
    Er0 no está en línea Stack level 2

I'm new to the blackberrys. I was wondering this as well.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

nope it will just vibrate then ring. it won't do it at the same time. I do miss that function from my very old Sony T610

avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

definately a missed feature but there are so many other things to love about the Pearl! That's how I cope with the missing vibrate and ring function.

purdy_gurl91 no está en línea Stack level 1

change how many vibrations

PIN/ID
    23e9128a

hey thanks, im gonna play around with some diff. stuff and see what i like the best.

richcee no está en línea Stack level 2

I am new to this also and miss the vibrate AND ring feature. It seems you can reduce the number of vibrates to 1 and thats it.

avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

Quote Originally Posted by richcee
    I am new to this also and miss the vibrate AND ring feature. It seems you can reduce the number of vibrates to 1 and thats it.
    You can also go to Tone only so there is no vibrating up front.