I'm on TMO with an 8100 and I can't get my voicemail icon to dissapear. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

switters no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319E3227

A Stubborn Voicemail Icon

Advertisement

I'm on TMO with an 8100 and I can't get my voicemail icon to dissapear. I've deleted all of my messages and pulled the battery 3 times to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions?

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Re: A Stubborn Voicemail Icon

Try reseating your SIM card

PIN/ID
    319E3227

How do I go about doing that?
    Sorry, I'm a novice.

sarge_44 no está en línea Stack level 3

Just take your sim card out and put it back in

PIN/ID
    319E3227

I tried that too ... no love.
    I went so far as to have tmo reset my vm so i can start from scratch and it STILL won't go away.

kickbike no está en línea Stack level 1

it happened to me couple times, I just let somebody or you to leave a new voicemail again, and try to delete them all, it should go away. hope it helps, it did with mine.

juniorsy no está en línea Stack level 1

ive had this issue many times its weird it just fixes itself and goes away eventually, usually when i get another voicemail and delete it.

jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3

Perhaps its a messenger mail icon. What does it look like and what color is it?

PIN/ID
    319E3227

I've never signed on to messenger so I don't think it's that. The icon is defintely the vm icon. I guess i'm going to have to wait it out. Thanks for the help everyone.

miro no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3179D82A

kickbike is correct. It happened to me last week. Just leave a new message for yourself. Then go in a delete it. It will get rid of the icon. For some reason, when you deleted the old message, the update that gets sent out to your BB to erase the icon was disrupted. The signal only gets sent once and since you missed it the icon remains. If you delete another message, the signal will be sent again and remove the icon. Good luck, i know its annoying to have the icon there!

PIN/ID
    319E3227

After leaving several voicemails for myself ... about 10 in all ... I finally got rid of the icon. No idea how it happened but thank you to everyone for the help. I really appreciate it.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by switters
    After leaving several voicemails for myself ... about 10 in all ... I finally got rid of the icon. No idea how it happened but thank you to everyone for the help. I really appreciate it.
    I am a little late but this is why it happens. (aside from an actual issue with the network) when someone leaves you a vm the vm system sends a silent sms to pop the icon on the screen. When you listen to the message and save/ delete it the vm system sends another sms to take the icon off. If you do not listen to the entire message and either quickly hit 7 or 9 and then quickly hang up sometimes the icon gets stuck. To fix the issue you need to leave yourself a vm message and listen to the entire thing and all prompts afterwards, then delete/ save and listen to all prompts there. then press star to get back to the vm menu then hang up. Just FYI, glad you got it fixed on your own.