Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi guys, I am new here and first of all hello everyone! I am interested ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Szadzik no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E23EA8

Question A sim free BB Pearl - where?

Advertisement

Hi guys,

I am new here and first of all hello everyone!

I am interested in buying the beatiful BB Pearl in Europe (UK). I searched on the net, and cannot find any deals for an unlocked phone. I don't want a contract or anything.
    Is it possible to get one?

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: A sim free BB Pearl - where?

ebay.com

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Szadzik, Welcome to PinStack.

I thought that the Pearl was available in the UK, given all the questions concerning problems downloading the new themes for it. There are even questions coming from vodafone users on this subject. Have you checked Vodafone's website. You are probably going to pay more for an unlocked Pearl than buying it from your carrier even without the contract discounts.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    23E23EA8

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Szadzik, Welcome to PinStack.

I thought that the Pearl was available in the UK, given all the questions concerning problems downloading the new themes for it. There are even questions coming from vodafone users on this subject. Have you checked Vodafone's website. You are probably going to pay more for an unlocked Pearl than buying it from your carrier even without the contract discounts.

Rcbjr.
    Yes I know it is available in UK. However on ebay.co.uk there are only a few of them and most of them are locked TMobile, while I'm a Vodafone user and have no intention of switching to TMobile. I don't want to buy a new contract on Voda either.

P.S. Is the unit from Vodafone customised in any way? Do they tamper with the firmware the same as with e.g. my M600i?
    Phone Tales:
    OT MaxDB, CD1, CD5, J5, GD96, ME45, T68i, X6, CX65, A925, E398, MPx200, X6-2, OT715, D600E, W810, M600i BB Pear + Axim x51v

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~well there are people on the forums that are selling a few pearls check with them

idealweb no está en línea Stack level 1

Vodafone sell it SIM free for £300. It'll be locked to them but as you're on Vodafone that shouldn't be a problem. I got mine free on o2 with a £25/month contract - works out at £300 over a year plus I get the free calls and texts. I'm hoping to use my Vodafone SIM in it but I've yet to find anyone that can unlock it.

And in reply to the customisation thing, they include their own theme that is set as the default but you can simply change this. Plus of course there's the small operator logo on the outside.

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F

I just got my pearl unlocked. Its still brand new with the box. Ill sell it for $400 US + International Shipping. IF your interested.
    If you currently have a Blackberry PIN me, or email me mazdaboi@mac.com

-Justin

PIN/ID
    23E23EA8

Quote Originally Posted by idealweb
    Vodafone sell it SIM free for £300. It'll be locked to them but as you're on Vodafone that shouldn't be a problem. I got mine free on o2 with a £25/month contract - works out at £300 over a year plus I get the free calls and texts. I'm hoping to use my Vodafone SIM in it but I've yet to find anyone that can unlock it.
    Can you direct me exactly to the place they offer it without a contract? I cannot find such an offer.
    Phone Tales:
    OT MaxDB, CD1, CD5, J5, GD96, ME45, T68i, X6, CX65, A925, E398, MPx200, X6-2, OT715, D600E, W810, M600i BB Pear + Axim x51v

ericugs no está en línea Stack level 3

You have to go to a local vodafone retailor i'd presume. Tell them you want to buy a Pearl with no contract.

PIN/ID
    23E23EA8

Quote Originally Posted by ericugs
    You have to go to a local vodafone retailor i'd presume. Tell them you want to buy a Pearl with no contract.
    And what about buying it online? Isn't it possible to buy it from them online?

EDIT:

OK. After some arrangements I decided to get a Vodafone Pearl here in the UK.

Thanks for help guys.
    Last edited by Szadzik; 10-30-2006 at 08:21 PM.
    Phone Tales:

PIN/ID
    296C692F

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i just got a deal out on the table.... Any one who wants a pearl, $400 usd + shipping. Brand new.pearls in boxes email me or pin me ill ship them next day

You can walk into any Vodafone store that has a business center and they'll be able to sort you out with one. It's in their business magazine in-store as well but I wasn't able to find the same option online.

laz
    laz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244701B4

Quote Originally Posted by maz94protege
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i just got a deal out on the table.... Any one who wants a pearl, $400 usd + shipping. Brand new.pearls in boxes email me or pin me ill ship them next day
    Yeah I want one how about you send it and then I'll send you $$$

PIN/ID
    296C692F

Quote Originally Posted by laz
    Yeah I want one how about you send it and then I'll send you $$$
    ITs actually $380 + Shipping. They dropped the price again. Im buying them from a store down the street. All boxes are Sealed from factory. I will not open the box when i purchase them. They will arrive to you UN-OPENED.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast