I just bought a BB Pearl and it's been working fine for about a week. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

cozmo79 no está en línea Stack level 1

A problem occurred while trying to render the page

Advertisement

I just bought a BB Pearl and it's been working fine for about a week. Recently when trying to go to any web page I get "A problem occurred while trying to render the page" error. When it happened I finally turned my Pearl off and on and that took care of it. Yesterday and today I've been getting this error more frequenlty and now I've had to take the battery out to clear the problem. Has anyone had this problem? Even when I get this error my Viigo and Pocket Express work correctly.

Any help would be appreciated.

azmoto no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: A problem occurred while trying to render the page

Is it the same website everytime or different ones? Who is your provider? Can you provide details of the problem?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

i had that issue with my curve...clearing the cache and resetting the browser settings to default fixed it...never had the issue again.

cozmo79 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the quick reply. It's any web site, and it's web sites that I've I've successfully viewed previously. It starts out looking like it's going to open the web page and then the Blackberry screen appears and then the error is reported. My provider is Alltel. I'll see if I can figure out how to clear the cache and set the browser setting back to default. I haven't made any changes but I guess maybe the other products installed (viigo etc..) could have made changes.

Thanks again, I'll try this and see what happens.

TornadoDivine no está en línea Stack level 2
    thanks Cherri - I've just started having the same problems with my Pearl, no matter how many times I cleaned the cache & pulled the battery, still the same issue.

Until I reset the browser settings back to default, now it's working ok again.
    BIS | 4.3.0.105
    there's no sense crying over every mistake
    you just keep going until you run out of cake

dallinas no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am also getting the same problem, only had my pearl for a day! tried wap sites, and standard websites which worked fine yesterday, tried resetting the blackberry, clearing the cache etc. still get the cannot render error.

how do I set the browser settings to default?
    Last edited by dallinas; 04-04-2008 at 07:46 PM. Reason: extra info

thestewside no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256C11B1
    Open up your browser and hit the menu button. You will see Browser Config option. Select that and when in there, hit menu again and you will see the reset to default option. Do that and restart your phone. See if that fixes your problem.

dallinas no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for that tip (should've RTFM!), problem still occurshowever in the bbdimension L theme, I seem t have solved it though by not using the bb dimension l theme, my default o2 theme seems to work. wierd one that!