Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hello all, for the past two days ive been trying to figure out how to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mowglee no está en línea Stack level 1

Question "A media card is not presently inserted in the device"

Advertisement

Hello all, for the past two days ive been trying to figure out how to get my media card to work. I've looked through all the forums and have done what every one has said to do. Ex: Enable mass storage, media card support, etc. I have the micro sd card in the slot correctly, but it says it is not in there. I'm not sure if it has to do with the software on my bb, but when I dl'd the most recent version I could find, it did not automatically update like other forums have said. This is extremely frustrating because i've only seen a few others with this problem, but theirs is fixed with a simple solution. But I think I have literally tried every solution to get my bb to even detect a media card. So if anyone knows whats wrong, could you please help me out. Also, if anyone knows how to check if I have the latest software. I guess that might be the problem, but thanks in advance!

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: "A media card is not presently inserted in the device"

Whats OS are you using now? If it is anything above 4.2.0.42 you should not have a problem with up to a 2gb Micro SD card.

If you have downloaded and installed a BB OS onto your PC and it is not from your wireless carrier you need to delete the "Vendor.xml" file which is located here on your PC:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

After deleting that file Desktop Manager should prompt you to update.

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

Did you get a sd card case with your micro sd ? If so or you can read it with a PC, check that the card is actually working. If so remember to Format the card on your BB I think this is the way.

options/advanced/media card/format.

I saw a thread about bad Micro SD cards bought over the web.

gaz

Thanks for responding so quickly guys. I really appreciate it. dfc420, when I open the desktop manager and go to help>>desktop manager>>general it says version 4.2.1.8 [Jan 16 2007]
    desktop manager>> device software, it says: v4.2.0.64(platform 2.2.0.37) for the blackberry 8100 series. Sorry im a complete newbie with this phone. But when you say OS your talking about the desktop manager and device manager right? Just to double check so theres no questions in the air. But i have deleted the vendor.xml file but still no update.
    Gazar, i did get a card case with my sd card. I bought them from meritline.com and the micro sd card from kingston, so i think its my phone, and not the cards. I can read the sd card on my pc when i use an adapter, but i cannot see the card on my phone. when i go to options>>advanced>media card> ?? i dont have a format option, just at the bottom it still says "a media card is not presently inserted in the device."
    I hope i was detailed enough about my responses just because i have no clue what to do next. thanks again

neddielutz no está en línea Stack level 2

Try going into your options - Advanced Options - Media Card - My settings are below:

Media Card Support: On
    Encryption Mode: None
    MSMS: Off

I bought the same card from the same store as you, and it works with the settings above.

If you have already verified these settings my bad.

E-D
    E-D no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    323707C8

I have the same problem. When I do format card it pop a message: Media Card Format Failed---what do I need to do?
    Pin:323707C8

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Mow, he's referring to the DEVICE OS. This is a common misunderstanding. When people say OS, they generally mean the BB itself. To find that, go to Options>About and look for the following:

BlackBerry 8100 Wireles Handheld v4.2.0.xx (in my case .71) and Platform 2.2.0.xx (in my case .41).

thanks again everyone for responding. leddinutz: i have the same exact settings almost except i dont have an option for msms. in regards of formatting the media card, i dont have that option either. erica: do you think my problem is that im running handheld v4.2.0.64 platform 2.2.0.37? if so, can someone provide me with a link to dl the latest firmware/software? im pretty sure ive dl the latest ones, but i dont know if im uploading right to my bb. will a reset work? all i want is to use my media card! haha thanks all

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

You shouldnt Have to upgrade your Blackberry Handheld Software (OS) in order for your Card to work I am using 4.2.0.64 (same as you) and mine works fine.

As for a reset working, if you have not tried pulling the battery and waiting 30 seconds to reinsert you should this usually solves many common problems with your BB.

I tried taking the battery out for a few minutes and putting it back in, but sitll no luck. any one else have the same problem or any other suggestions? Do you guys think I have to send the phone back? or will a t-mobile store be able to handle this problem. I just want to use my media card!

mcampbell610 no está en línea Stack level 2

So what was the outcome?

boomer79 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23df2588

Did you try to reformat your micro? Sometimes you can do that and it will work.

weenies no está en línea Stack level 1

i have the same exact problem with the same kingston card bought from meritline too... i also have a toshiba 1gb card that won't work either.. however i can't even read these cards on my computer

sulavsingh no está en línea Stack level 2

try resetting your phone

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

I had the same trouble when i first got my pearl.
    back up any data you might have on the card onto your pc.
    make sure the card is seated correctly make sure the metal slide is in place (put the card in, then move the slide towards the top of the card) then go to options>media card>Menu key (BB Logo)>format card
    that should work

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast