Hi eveyone, i am new to this forum, but as i looked over, this is ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bimmer no está en línea Stack level 1

Question A map question!!!

Advertisement

Hi eveyone, i am new to this forum, but as i looked over, this is the nicest forum for BB. So i like to thank to people for their success
    My question is, i am located in Florida an sometimes i use the maps with my bluetooth gps reciever. So what i don't know is do i still get charged from cingular for usung the maps, or are they completly stored in the phones memory!!! I ask this question and i coudn't get a clear answer from cingular rep. Thanks.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: A map question!!!

Welcome to the Stacaks Bimmer. The map programs are not stored in the BB's memory, they actually use data each time they load. If you're on an unlimited data plan, not a problem.

This is baddddd I don't have the data plan and i really like this map future, is there any way i can store this maps into my sd card?

Nimic no está en línea Stack level 1

I'd suggest upgrading to a data plan before the end of the month - or you might end up with a several hundred dollar cell bill. I tried to browse a website when I had cingular sans data and I ended up with a 50 dollar data bill and the site never did finish loading...

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by bimmer
    This is baddddd I don't have the data plan and i really like this map future, is there any way i can store this maps into my sd card?
    Unfortunately not bimmer.

Severel hundred!!!! I got heart problems pls don't tell me But do you think if i upgrade to data plan after using the maps couple of days will cover everything in one plan or they might charge me the data plan+ what ever i used before the plan in the same month. Also i didn't use it more than total of 4 hours, but again i don't know what size of data i was downloading while i was viewing this maps, thanks for the explanation and advise guys.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by bimmer
    Severel hundred!!!! I got heart problems pls don't tell me But do you think if i upgrade to data plan after using the maps couple of days will cover everything in one plan or they might charge me the data plan+ what ever i used before the plan in the same month. Also i didn't use it more than total of 4 hours, but again i don't know what size of data i was downloading while i was viewing this maps, thanks for the explanation and advise guys.
    If you've been with your carrier for a while, just tell them that you're a good customer and request that they date your new data plan back to the beginning of the billing cycle. They should do that for you.

Ok, i looked to cingulars page and i can see my data usage, it is 0,5mb, so they say charge is 1c for 1kb, with this calculation i owe $5. Is this wright???

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

$5.12! right on.