Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hello all, i just got my first bb. everything was supposedly activated by tmobilt on ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

vendetsa no está en línea Stack level 1

a little upset

Advertisement

hello all,
    i just got my first bb. everything was supposedly activated by tmobilt on sunday...
    currently, i can only use the phone and sms text capability.

i really dont like technology, but the bb is just a bad exprience for me. i cant download ringtones (tmobile sent and resent like five) but nothing ever came through. i receive error messages when trying to send a pic text (im assuming my mms is not yet configured).

all in all... i am really discouraged. i dont know if the bb is just not a fit for me, or ir tmobiles lag time (over 48 hours) on data activation is getting to me.

please convince me to not return what i think is a piece of junk for my simple old samsung phone.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: a little upset

Welcome to Pinstack...

Sounds like they didn't activate your blackberry data plan. I would all them and double check that.

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ first try a battery pull (take it out and put it back in)
    If that still doesn't work try to reinstall the OS..
    Whatever you do don't give up your hopes on your BB, we will help you through this

I'm pretty sure that that is it. I was told on the 23rd that it would take between 2 and 48 hours... so now, its 48 hours and because its Christmas, they are closed til 1pm Pacific Time

I'm trying so hard to make the 300 dollar investment a good one with the BB, but so far, its been a little disappointing. A. trying to get used to the typing coming from cheap phones in the past and B. not hating TMobile at this point.

Thanks for the response.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

whatever you do... don't reinstall the OS.. that is NOT the problem. Lemme ask you something, do you have the BB browser or just tzones?

i dont even have tzones right now. i should have the complete bb data plan with unlimited email and browsing.
    to be honest, i dont even know how to reinstall the OS... i did the battery pull some time ago though that i saw in a like thread.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

yeah I'm with Stacey on this, I don't think it's an OS issue. It's a brand new BB with new activation... I believe the rep didn't activate the problem BB data plan on your account. They probably did a regular phone data plan - they did that to me and it was a store manager that activated me BlackBerries are very different from other phones/smartphones so this sometimes happens... just give a call in the morning and ask them to verify your account

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

do this for me... go to options, advanced options, host routing table, hit the bb button and click register now

once i go to host routing table, it states "no entries"

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

ok now hit the bb button and click register now...

"Registration Sent"

And btw, I live 6 blocks from Wrigley.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

ok did you get anything in your message folder yet stating that the device has been registered? if not, your data plan is definitely NOT setup...

no, nothing in the messages. even when the reps were sending and resending ringtones on the 23rd, i never got any messages then (5 sends, 2 separate reps). i asked them to check if i was on the plan, and each confirmed... they just told me to wait it out.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

yeah your plan is definitely not active... I would call them in the morning and have them activate it for you

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

yeah if you do not have a data plan the ringtones won't go through, same with MMS
    most regular reps don't know BlackBerries very well, when you call ask for their BlackBerry support team

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast