So my bestfriend got a used 8100 in July and it worked perfect for her ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jbean7916 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245A99C3

A little Help with an 8100?

Advertisement

So my bestfriend got a used 8100 in July and it worked perfect for her up until a couple weeks ago. For some reason her phone will show she has full bars of service but won't show the network name and she cannot send or receive calls or text messages. She never had a data package on it so we couldn't check with PIN messages or anything other than SMS.

She took it into t-mo and they said,"sorry, its fried. Here, let me show you how I can help you spend $400 on a new one." Since she doesn't have any money for a new one she gave it to me in hopes I could fix it for her. I wiped the phone and loaded the newest OS for it, popped my SIM card in it and nothing. Same problem as before, shows bars like it has service but won't connect to anything.

I should mention that the send/receive arrows in the top right corner, only one is flashing. If you guys have any ideas how i can save this BB please let me know!!!!!!!

Oh and the water damage indicator on both the phone and battery show no signs of moisture.

Thanks!!!!!
    All's Fair in Love and TAGGING!!!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    This sounds like a network problem. It might need a new SIM card.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    245A99C3
    She put her old sim in the phone she's using now and it works fine. Also, when I put my Sim (that works perfectly fine in my 8120) it doesn't work either!!

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3
    It may just be the that the contacts for the SIM slot are corroded or dirty so check that. Usually if Network isn't showing it'll say Insert SIM or invalid SIM.

Alt-LGLG will get you into the event log. Hit the menu key, clear the log and then reboot. Go into the log after it's done rebooting and see if anything is throwing an error or didn't load properly.

The two arrows should be for data services. If she doesn't have a data plan you can actually turn off data services (Options>Mobile Network>Data Services Off) and still be able to make calls/get text messages. That'll also save battery life.

You can also check out Options>Advanced>Cell Broadcast Settings. It should show that Cell Broadcast Service is on and have some additional information below about which channels it's using.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Have her send the servicebooks to her phone
    __

PIN/ID
    245A99C3
    Thanks guys!! I'm going out of town so I won't be able to try those til Saturday but I'll post back with my findings on those 2 options!!