alright i just got a pearl, and im new to the bb, a few weeks ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

thirdleft152 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23eeac38

A few questions/problems

Advertisement

alright i just got a pearl, and im new to the bb, a few weeks ago. and now i have come across a couple problems/concerns.

1. i installed yahoo messenger later to find out cingular doesn't support it? plus i got JiveTalk, an awesome program. So I was wondering how to delete it. it doesn't show up on desktop manager and it doesn't show up in options>advanced>applications. but the icon still remains and it opens up when i select it.

2. i read somewhere that there were folders you could create on the desktop (not sure what its called; where all the icons are) for my e-mail accounts i have tied to my bb, and was wondering how to do that.

3. i know you can tether the bb to a computer to use as a modem, but i never really found anywhere that said you could do that using bluetooth. or do you have to use the usb cable? and to aquire the username/password i just contact cingular? im assuming that they'll be ok with it, lol?

thanks.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: A few questions/problems

1. Just delete the yahoo icon.

2. No idea.

3. USB cable, call your carrier about how to connect.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Thirdleft.

Check out the BB FAQ & Guides page for links to threads that can help. Particularly the links in the Blackberry - As a Modem & Bluetooth section.

As to the Folders, if by desktop you mean the homescreen, if you add additional accounts using BIS, you should get the additional Icons. These are merely icons to open the Message List with preset filters to show only those emails sent to that specific email address. How they appear depends on which theme you are using.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Stonebreeze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E8B1E8

not sure about 2 and 3 but you should be able to delete the yahoo app by going into Options>Advanced Options>Applications> then click MENU button while in Applicatiions and click on Modules...scroll to the Yahoo module and click Menu button again and then delete.

Hope this helps.

Let us know how it goes.

BRZ

Stonebreeze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E8B1E8

Be careful not to delete anything you don't know what it is as you could seriously mess up your BB

thirdleft152 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23eeac38

Stonebreeze, thanks for the suggestion, but i really didnt' feel comfortable enough to try that, there were a lot of things i had no idea what they were. I think i'll just deal with it.

To rcbjr, about the folders for my e-mail accounts, i realized the today plus theme just didn't display them. the original cingular theme however did, but i don't like that theme so i'll just deal lol.