Hi, I just got a Pearl today. Thank God I found this website. I'm going ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

hollypc no está en línea Stack level 1

A few questions from a new user

Advertisement

Hi,

I just got a Pearl today. Thank God I found this website. I'm going through it and trying to figure it out myself, but I have a few initial questions, I wondered if someone could help me.

Is there any way to change the volume profile without going into the menu? I sometime walk into a room and need to put it on silent quick and I can only seem to do it through the menu. I thought the side buttons would do it but they won't.

My other question is about the email. I have an icon for messaging. It seems like all of the messages I get, email & text, are going in there. I cannot read the emails from there. I also have 2 separate emails icons - one for comcast - one for yahoo - and they have their own separate icons and that is where I can read the messages. So I am thinking that the "message" icon throws all the messages you get in there...am I correct?

Also, the text message seem to dump in there as well. Is there a separate place for texts? Because I can't find it.

Thanks for any answeres you may have.

I have tons of other questions about typing, alarms, ringtones, so I am going to read here for a while and try to figure it out. I just sort of need to figure the above stuff out before I go to work tomorrow.

Thanks!!!!!!!

Holly

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: A few questions from a new user

1) The side keys only change the volume while you are on a phone call. You still have to go thru Profiles to change the volume otherwise.

2) Which theme are you using? Some themes separate SMS from Email messages.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Hello Holly and Welcome to the Stacks.

For the first question, go to Options/Screen-Keyboard then scroll down to where you see the Convenience Key Options. Click on one of them and you can change it to a Quiet profile. That way when you want to quickly change profiles, you only have to press that one button.

With regards to the email folders, you are correct, the messages icon is a catch all for emails, SMS, MMS.

aikenben no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DEAC76

If you press and hold the # key, it'll switch it to vibrate, or at least it does for me. I have a feeling that it might switch it to the last profile you selected, but I'm not sure. Give it a try!

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Welcome to pinstack, let us know if u have any other q's

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by aikenben
    If you press and hold the # key, it'll switch it to vibrate, or at least it does for me. I have a feeling that it might switch it to the last profile you selected, but I'm not sure. Give it a try!
    Yes, it will switch back to the previous profile you were on before. This is the best way to go from a LOUD or NORMAL profile to a silent one in a jiffy! Did I just say Jiffy??

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

Welcome to the stacks hollypc!

hollypc no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks everyone. The # thing works for me.

Seems like a great amount of info here!

Thanks again.

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

Whatever you need, I guarantee you will find it here!!!!!!