i have a few questions, I just bought a pearl and am getting used to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

em123 no está en línea Stack level 1

a few questions

Advertisement

i have a few questions, I just bought a pearl and am getting used to the transition from my 7105t.

1. I have an sd card and I was just wondering why I can't access documents from it. I use it to store homework etc, I can see the files when I connect to my desktop, but why can't I view the folder or document from my phone? It doesn't even show the folder IV created on my phone. I was able to with my 7105t but then again I always emailed documents to my phone.

2. I have an Instant messenger icon in my main menu. But when I open it, it opens the browser and gives me a page not found error. Can someone tell me why it does this? The blackberry instant messenger works..

3. I am going to take a wild guess, but I'm guessing the sd card just holds files and doesn't give the phone memory program room?

4. How do I save all my contacts to my sim card? All the numbers I have on it are old and outdated, and I'd like it if the numbers weren't just saved on the phone itself.That's all lol thanks for your help, this phones def a lot better than my old BB .

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: a few questions

I was able to with my 7105t but then again I always emailed documents to my phone.
    That was the key, emailing them. Other than that you will need a viewer like eoffice of even gridmagic for spreadsheets.

Ihave an Instant messenger icon in my main menu.
    Explain what the icon looks like...

I'm guessing the sd card just holds files and doesn't give the phone memory program room?
    The card can hold any type of file you want, but you will only be able to access images and music of certain types, you cant access .exe files and many video types, etc...

How do I save all my contacts to my sim card?
    In your address book you should open the menu and be able to bring one over at a time, but not all at once.

I hope all of this helps...

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Re: a few questions

Let us know if u have any other q's.