First, how do I put AIM on my pearl? I tried and it said that ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jsc2011 no está en línea Stack level 1

A few questions...

Advertisement

First, how do I put AIM on my pearl? I tried and it said that the software wasn't supported. Next, how do I put music on my pearl? I tried using desktop maneger but I wasn't doing something right. Lastly, is there a way to set notifications for both text messeges and e-mails?

Thank you guys!

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA
    Hey JSC welcome to PinStack. I might not be able to answer all of your questions but someone else will be here soon. To upload music you need to make sure it is a supported format such as .mp3 or .wav then using your desktop manager after your connection is astablished, clikc on media manager on the right side choose the music folder and choose the song from the right side. That should be it. Make sure your mass storage mode is on. If u need any farther assistance let us know, there are a few other things you might have to try. Now to use AIM you have to have a tada plan as far as I know cause I dont use it. And to change your txt notifications go to profile > advanced > choose whatever is active > sms text and from there you should know wat to do.

If anything else, let us know. Hope this helps a little

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    welcome to pinstack jsc!
    as peter mentioned, you can use media manager to transfer music to your pearl OR you can use the drag/drop method. first you need to make sure your device is in mass storage mode (settings>options>advanced options>media card)
    make sure that it says mass storage mode support:ON and auto enable mass storage mode when connected: Yes
    once you hook up your USB to the phone, you should see a pop-up window detecting the device and you will need to choose your next step from the choices. you can always choose 'do nothing' and then open windows explorer and drag/drop your music/ringtones/pics (assuming you are using windows )

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    jsc2011, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with these problems or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

mracing5625 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: A few questions...

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    welcome to pinstack jsc!
    as peter mentioned, you can use media manager to transfer music to your pearl OR you can use the drag/drop method. first you need to make sure your device is in mass storage mode (settings>options>advanced options>media card)
    make sure that it says mass storage mode support:ON and auto enable mass storage mode when connected: Yes
    once you hook up your USB to the phone, you should see a pop-up window detecting the device and you will need to choose your next step from the choices. you can always choose 'do nothing' and then open windows explorer and drag/drop your music/ringtones/pics (assuming you are using windows )
    hey im a new user here too but, still wont let me drag/drop music into my pearl! when i opened the media manager, i saw on the right (device mamory) clicked on it and only saw 2 folders (pictures and ringtones) i didnt see any folder for music or anything! i tried creating a new folder but when i drag music in to still tell me is too big! what to do?
    Last edited by cp6169; 12-29-2006 at 10:22 AM.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

mracing5625,

Do you have a Media Card in your Pearl? Without the Card, you are limited to about a 2.8 Mbyte file size. Make sure that the file you are trying to transfer is smaller than that.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

berrygrl87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E21FD8

hey their jsc2011! welcome to pinkstack!hope this site helps you out
    ImMa BBgRL!!!Lovin it every time!!JesUs Is MaH HoMeBoI!

eviljonny no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    mracing5625,

Do you have a Media Card in your Pearl? Without the Card, you are limited to about a 2.8 Mbyte file size. Make sure that the file you are trying to transfer is smaller than that.

Rcbjr.
    That still does not explain why he only has 2 folders, which is the same issue I am having. Even if the media card is not installed we should still see the correct folder structure. Right now I only have Pictures and Rintones. Do you really need to have the media card installed for the other 2 folders, (Music and Video) to show up? Wow.