2509fd64

Re: a few questions

Advertisement

planning to
    Death is only the beginning

lightsoutlon no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by littlemojo
    just tried the number which was given 08454400134 but its only for people who have a blackberry through there business.
    so i tried the vodafone help service 191 and told them i needed a blackberry browser and the person new what i was talking about and said he would send the service books for this.
    but guess what.
    service books arrived but no blackberry browser still the same vodafone live browser.
    so i guess i cant have the blackberry browser as vodafone keeps sending the live one (or dont know what to do).
    I've had fun and games with Vodafone.

You need to tell the 191 operator you want to speak to the "(Blackberry) handset team". The ops on 191 have no more info than the booklet which comes in the box (according to the one helpful person I spoke to). The guy on the handset team was helpful but again, knew less about BB than I do (and this is my first BB). I got everything running thanks to this site.

It's all on here if you dig round.

Good luck. Or post your problem and if it's one I've solved, I'm happy to help.

...and don't forget Host Route / Register! That was the final bit of my journey yesterday.

littlemojo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2509fd64

when you say host route register you mean host routing table?
    there are about 4 listed there and one in bold.
    and clicking on them shows them as subscribed.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

littlemojo, Open the menu anywhere in the Host Routing Table and select Register Now.

hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

littlemojo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2509fd64

ok just for the update.
    tried the register thing as said no good.
    so i called vodafone again and this time spoke with some one ho knew a little bit about what i was saying.
    after 2h 46mins they came up with the idea saying it was a software fault and that my BB needed to be updated. (at last i can see the light i throught).
    so i went along to the vodafone store as they said they couldnt do it OTA went in to the store and told the person my problem and he brought up my details on his pc and there was a note saying i nned a update.
    BUT the person at the shop was a BB tech and said there was no such thing for vodafone uk.
    i showed him the problems and he tried it on his BB as well nad had the same problem he tried configure the bb but still the same and even phoned vodafone back to confirm what they had said. but didnt know what to do. so in the end i was given a number to bb help line direct 08000 568909 (uk number) and have to phone them now mon-fir 9-5.
    so until then back to square one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12