So I have had my pearl since late january and have had a few problems ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Phoenixsong7 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23ED454C

a few problems

Advertisement

So I have had my pearl since late january and have had a few problems with it please try and help me.
    1. Is that sometimes even when the batt is full it will shut off and the led blinks red. I pull the batt and then put it back and it turns on fine like nothing is wrong. Why does it do that?

2. When I try to Bluetooth anything to my mom who also has a pearl it always says file transfer failed. I can send stuff to my husband and others except my mom. Is it her pearl or mine, any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance!
    Phoenixsong

PIN/ID
    23ED454C

Re: a few problems

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~just to update this thread my first problem is doing it to me every few hours now. It will just shut off and the led will blink red. Any ideas or should I just call TMO and have it replaced(thank god for insurance!)?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

1. yea it should not be doing this at all. what was the last thing you installed on it?

2. make sure that the devices are paired and with BB you have to go into the folder and select the option to Send/Receive Bluetooth files.

PIN/ID
    23ED454C

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the last thing I installed was google maps over a week ago. It did twice before today and then all of the sudden it shuts off every few hours.

PIN/ID
    23ED454C

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i will try to Bluetooth again when I see my mom, thanks Reddog

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Yea not sure about that one. It could be a bad battery, or a bad phone. It's hard to tell. A couple of people have said something about this awhile back.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

you could have a bad battery...it shows fully charged?

you may need to update the OS...have you done that at all since you bought it?

hopefully you have a backup? if not, do one now...

PIN/ID
    23ED454C

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i don't know how to update the OS. The battery runs down usually in a day and says full charge after about 2 hours. Which doesn't seem normal at all. I'm really new at this so bare with me I'm not sure what else to do.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

ok...so runs down within a day...are you a heavy bb user?
    if not, then it shouldn't run down like that...
    maybe just clear up some memory?
    try this thread...do what reddog suggests to relieve some memory...let's not do an OS update just yet
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...sms_mms_e.html

PIN/ID
    23ED454C

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~its still doing it and I did everything but update the OS. I am going to call TMO this afternoon which will probably result in a new pearl. this is really ridiculous. I have to have a good operating phone its my only means of communication and I have a 3 month old to take care of. I wonder what happened to it though? I think my hubby dropped it when he was playing games on it a few weeks back but other than that I don't know. Thanks for the help though you guys, I will be sure to tell you what TMO says.

PIN/ID
    23ED454C

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~so I called yesterday and they had me update my OS. And it still does it even more often now. Anyway they are sending me a new one. Thanks for the help though I learned a lot in the process! Now to figure out how to transfer my info....

PIN/ID
    23ED454C

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~oh by the way the Bluetooth thing worked reddog, thanks for helping me out! I'm still learning so I appreciate that you guys/girls are being patient with me.