1: My camera's exposure will not adjust. I have to deal with a constantly set ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

red_5 no está en línea Stack level 2

A few 4.5 issues

Advertisement

1: My camera's exposure will not adjust. I have to deal with a constantly set exposure level that only works under indoor lighting conditions. If I use it outside, it is waaaaaay overexposed.

2: The LED in the top corner stays on (not blinking) when I power off. I have to turn my phone on and back off quickly to get the LED to turn off. Or, when "coverage indicator" is disabled, it stays on (red) if I get a message and I have to power off to get it to go away.

3: SoftReset gives me an "uncaught exeption" type of error when I try to reset.

pdnmiami no está en línea Stack level 1
    Which o/s version are you running? the earlier revisions before 4.5.0.55 had a problem with the camera's exposure on the Pearl.

Second, the LED, if you have the color pearl app disable it.. that should clear that up.

Third issue I have not encountered.. maybe another stacker could help on that one..

4.5.0.52. I should update my profile now. Where can I get 4.5.0.55?

And I don't want to leave my beautiful color pearl. I found a solution involving messed up settings and electrical tape that makes my trackball pink!

pdnmiami no está en línea Stack level 1
    i can't tell you where to find it exactly, but it was posted here on the forum a lil while back. it stabalizes all of the little issues of .52.

i didn't want to loose my color pearl either but my curve doesn't have color so my pearl can survive too without. And oh yeah i have seen the horrors of the colr tape solution, not cute...lol. Hopefully one of our fellow stackers will come up with a new improved color pearl app.

Happy hunting..

Thanks. I'll maybe post telling people how to customize color pearl with 4.5. Just a sliver of electrical tape and some tweezers and a little care and you're on your way!

Thanks for the help!

morpheusprime no está en línea Stack level 2
    While I love the 4.5 OS. It's kinda of a bummer that I'm unable to takes outside. Don't know If I was using the DM 4.3 to install 4.5 OS or something else. I think this is the only major problem that I am having with the upgrade. Other wise, I think the new upgrade is awesome.

I think that camera issue was fixed in 4.5.0.55. It's just overexposure; the camera won't adjust the exposure for some reason. I have the same issue.

Dvl636_BB no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me ;)
    Electrical tape? I'm confused now......

~via BB: 8100: Red (wap.pinstack.com)~

Keep reminding me to make a thread about it. It works quite well except for one small problem.

Dvl636_BB no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me ;)
    Hey red_5, can u make a thread about the "electrical tape trick" with pros/cons.

~via BB: 8100: Red (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yeah. Here you go!

Linky