Hi. Just as a heads up I am new to talking about phones so I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

b0ldfacelies no está en línea Stack level 2

A couple questions.

Advertisement

Hi. Just as a heads up I am new to talking about phones so I don't know a lot of the technical terms. I have a couple questions about the Pearl. Can you use Excel on this? I would like to be able to add stuff to a list on the go. Any info on that would be great. If you have to buy a program to do so how much and where to get it would be nice to know also if any of you know. Also can you go online and check things out pretty easy? IE. look at reviews for things and reply to PM's on forums. These are the main things I need a new phone for. I love the look of this phone just worried about these 2 things so if anyone has any info it would be greatly appriciated.
    Thanks
    Oh and one more thing. I noticed on here someone said about if you get a incoming call and the pearl ball moves it's silenced. Then people replied with hope they fix it soon. Say I got one now and it hasn't been fixed and they do fix it, is it just a program you can download, or will they change your phone for free, or will I just be stuck with that for as long as I have that phone? Thanks.
    Jason

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: A couple questions.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~for the first question yes there is a program you can download for excel, word its called eoffice I believe a search on this forum for that should point you to it.

Second I don't have any problem replying to pm's and such or surfing the net but other people may.

Last when they do fix the Trackball problem it will just be a O.S. Update that you can download and install for free.

KChuck no está en línea Stack level 2

I also have similar problem with the trackwheel on my 7290.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I use a program called Gridmagic, it is an excel-type spreadsheet on the BB, and you can sync it to your pc. I don't have the link but a quick search on pinstack will bring it up.

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I use a program called Gridmagic, it is an excel-type spreadsheet on the BB, and you can sync it to your pc. I don't have the link but a quick search on pinstack will bring it up.
    I already have a 150 row list or more on excel and I just want to add to it. So it does have to be excel.

Quote Originally Posted by dfc420
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~for the first question yes there is a program you can download for excel, word its called eoffice I believe a search on this forum for that should point you to it.

Second I don't have any problem replying to pm's and such or surfing the net but other people may.

Last when they do fix the Trackball problem it will just be a O.S. Update that you can download and install for free.
    Thanks a lot. Once my contract with Sprint runs out (I can't wait I HATE Sprint) I will be picking one of these up.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

b0ldfacelies, Welcome to PinStack.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    b0ldfacelies, Welcome to PinStack.

Rcbjr.
    Thank you. I think I will be around here a bit.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Welcome to the stacks!
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Quote Originally Posted by b0ldfacelies
    I already have a 150 row list or more on excel and I just want to add to it. So it does have to be excel.
    I re-read my post and I must re-word it. I use gridmagic, which lets you sync your current excel spreadsheet to your BB, then you can sync back if necessary. It just uses the name gridmagic, still is excel.