Hi. Yesterday I got my new Blackberry Pearl 8110 from AT&T. I had two questions. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Max111 no está en línea Stack level 1

A Couple of Questions

Advertisement

Hi. Yesterday I got my new Blackberry Pearl 8110 from AT&T. I had two questions. One, is there a way I can edit my phones contacts on the computer rather than doing it manually on the phone? And the other one is, can I save Media to the blackberry memory? I just planned on saving a ringtone or two on there. Nothing that would fill up the actual phones memory. Thank you.

dubie76 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Max111 View Post
    Hi. Yesterday I got my new Blackberry Pearl 8110 from AT&T. I had two questions. One, is there a way I can edit my phones contacts on the computer rather than doing it manually on the phone? And the other one is, can I save Media to the blackberry memory? I just planned on saving a ringtone or two on there. Nothing that would fill up the actual phones memory. Thank you.
    You need to uses something like Outlook or Gmail to sync your contacts list. You can edit them there then sync it with your BB. Easy! You can save tons of stuff to the BB. Further I dont know if AT&T has a SD card slot like the Sprint Pearl does. If it does, then you can save gigs of stuff. Hope this helps.
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hey Max!

Welcome to PinStack!

To answer your questions:

1. Yes. If you use Microsoft Outlook, you would modify your contacts there and sync them through the Desktop Manager application.

2. Yes. You can download ringtones over the air (OTA) or load them onto your device with the Desktop Manager software.

Roger

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by dubie76 View Post
    You need to uses something like Outlook or Gmail to sync your contacts list. You can edit them there then sync it with your BB. Easy! You can save tons of stuff to the BB. Further I dont know if AT&T has a SD card slot like the Sprint Pearl does. If it does, then you can save gigs of stuff. Hope this helps.
    ^^ And also what dubie said! Yes, AT&T devices also have card slots.

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Hey Max!

Welcome to PinStack!

To answer your questions:

1. Yes. If you use Microsoft Outlook, you would modify your contacts there and sync them through the Desktop Manager application.

2. Yes. You can download ringtones over the air (OTA) or load them onto your device with the Desktop Manager software.

Roger
    Thank you for the replies guys. I meant downloading ringtones with the desktop software, but every time i try to drag and drop things it insists that i need a MiniSD card. I was curious if i could save those ringtones to the phone itself since i dont have access to an SD.

dubie76 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    You should still be able to access the BB via USB. Dont use DM, just open my computer----->then select your device---> then you should see folders. Just locate the music foldr and drag and drop the music to it.
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

Quote Originally Posted by dubie76 View Post
    You should still be able to access the BB via USB. Dont use DM, just open my computer----->then select your device---> then you should see folders. Just locate the music foldr and drag and drop the music to it.
    In my computer my blackberry appears as "Removable Disc G" And when I click on it, an error message says I need to insert a Disc into Drive G. I know its the blackberry because when i disconnect the cord, the drive G Icon disappears.