Hi all, I was amazed at the warm welcome I received yesterday from the forum ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

SaddleSC no está en línea Stack level 2

A Couple New Questions

Advertisement

Hi all,
    I was amazed at the warm welcome I received yesterday from the forum when asking about deleting an application. So, thanks.

In addition, I have come up with a couple more questions hopefully you guys can help me out with.

First, I have T-MO USA. In the BB Bookmarks, is there anyway to delete the folders called T-Zones Links, Web Links and T-Zones so I can just create my own bookmark structure? (Also, what is the point of having T-Zones on the BB Pearl when it has a full function browswer?)

Second, where is the best place online to find/try new applications for the Pearl? I have already found Handango. Is that the best resource? What are the 3-5 essential applications that people feel most enhances the BB experience?

Thanks a million!!

SaddleSC no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: A Couple New Questions

I just thought of something else: If I were to swtich to the browser called Opera, that would likely solve my bookmarks issue. Anything I should be aware of with Opera and are most users happy with it? Thanks again.

ejmccartin no está en línea Stack level 2

as far as software: personal preference prevails.

Opera would solve your bookmark issue. except opera doesn't use the same shortcuts at all so it is something to get used to. I prefer the bb browser and don't use opera much at all anymore. yes, I wish I could lose the preinstalled bookmarks but really, they aren't in the way that much.

highly recommend google maps. google.com/gmm doesn't work with gps but gives directions, shows traffic and has a better map database, imho.

I'm enough of a noob that I don't know too many places for software. handango is a good one though. if you're looking for something specific do a search and you'll find someone has mentioned it or linked to it somewhere.

docholliday no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317AFEB6

I consider Opera, Google Maps, GMail, and BB Weather to be must-have applications, but that's just me. At the top of the Pinstack page, there's a link to a downloads section which contains links to several programmes of various types.

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

BB today is a cool pgm. Berry 411 is a great little tool too.....
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve