Hey Guys, Um, I'm a new user to Blackberry so I'm not too sure how ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

_leo no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down A Bit Confused On Pearl

Advertisement

Hey Guys,

Um, I'm a new user to Blackberry so I'm not too sure how to explain the glitches on my phone. . . it seems that my text messages are messed up? One day I had all my sms texts and then I suddenly notice the next day everything is gone and it says "No message services configured." Also, my call log is always empty yet whenever someone calls my phone, I get a new text message and it notes the received call I got.

Also, one night, when I was receiving texts, I tried to click on the messages but the trackball or the "pearl" I should say, was highlighting everything. Does anyone have any idea why my phone was acting up?

diesel1218 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32CAA233
    Try pulling the battery for 30 seconds and then putting it back in.
    Blackberry 8830 WORLD EDITION

Blackberry PIN - 32CAA233

MySpace http://www.myspace.com/andrews9

budkleppe no está en línea Stack level 3
    This has happened to me a few times with my pearl. I think I may have selected the "select" button and couldn't get it off, it was very weird. The battery pull worked great though.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA
    [FONT=Verdana]Yep had that to just yesterday. The highlighting problem doesn’t happen that often. It happened to me after I tried installing this one game that didn’t work anyway lol but removing the battery or restarting the cell should fix it all. Its a slight thing, not a big deal. About txt mess disappearing, it might be that your txt messages erase every 10 or 15days whatever it is set for, so maybe it was your first before last day when it erased them or something. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana]Just another tip [/FONT][FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]

detourkid no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242277c6
    new to the bb world can i install themes on my 8100 ?

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

SMS and phone call logs disappearing?

Check your system available memory!

When the BlackBerry runs close to being out of memory, it will make space by deleting SMS and call logs first.

_leo no está en línea Stack level 1
    My phone is acting weird. It just did a reset again and I didn't download any new software or anything.

Checked memory, not low. Actually, it has lots of space since I don't really have anything on it. I also took out the battery and repeated the process three times. Phone still being stingy.

I think it's just me. I tend to have bad luck with phones -- this is my third that I went through in under five months. Thanks for offering the help, though!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    _leo, Welcome to PinStack.

Do check you message retention period on the Message Options/General Options. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

jkrums no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317CBE4F

Re: A Bit Confused On Pearl

I have a similar problem - wierd stuff happening on my peral.

Today - i missed a call - but then I looked at my call logs and they were empty. yesterday - my BB messenger contacts were all gone.

Anyone seeing anything like this?

meuk no está en línea Stack level 1

There is definately a problem with memory on my blackberry pearl my sms call logs and email disappeared after a few days. I never had this problem with the 7290 & i had over 4000 emails on the 7290 & 400 calendar entries, there must be a fault on the software or it just doesnt have the memory capacity
    i tried everything, deleting my memory cache , everything i could delete i deleted
    on the blacberry desktop software i noted there were 400 purged messages , are these the ones the blackberry deleted itself, i didnt delete them, i want them back
    This seems from the above to be a prob on macs & windows
    and even though ive regained my memory, it wont synch the previous email with my enterprise office network so it doesnt reconcile the older messages. ive tried mailbox wins and it doesnt work
    other frustrating things are the screen lcd not flashing when the phone rings, so u can see it ringing at night, no option to do this.
    and when it is ringing, only the trackball lights up so you have a black screen at night, when it rings, this means u can't see who is ringing before you answer the phone, or worse still , when you hastily press a phone button to see light the screen and answer, it sometimes brings up the delete prior option on the screen so u may accidentally delete your logs/messages
    this is all hugely inconvenient, im tempted to go back to the 7290
    i cant get back my erased call logs or phone logs which is a mega problem as i used my phone logs to , check my office phone bills and work out which calls were business & which personal inc. texts but now their erased & i'll have to guess.
    Shame, sexy looking phone

pearluserrbm no está en línea Stack level 1

hi. I just got a pearl 2 weeks ago and already my call logs and SMS texts are erasing! I have downloaded 1 ringtone and taken 2 pics. Is that using too much memory. I just figured out how to check my memory-- it says I have 15390704 bytes. is that good or bad?

krazygirl no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask

The best way to prevent this is to delete old messages and delete memory cache from your browser.

somatt no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23ee66b6

what firmware are you runnin? there is a memory leak issue until firmware 4.2.0.75

i have 4.2.0.69 and it will erase my sms text, call log, and emails. I check status and it says 0 bytes memory free. Then I take out the battery and put it back in. Then it says 20,000,000 bytes free. But the messages are already gone and it can't get them back. Very frustrating.

The new firmware released by blackberry, but T-Mobile USA has not realeased it on the website so you cannot install it on your phone unless you have another carrier which has released it on their website.
    booooooo
    sucks.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by somatt
    what firmware are you runnin? there is a memory leak issue until firmware 4.2.0.75

i have 4.2.0.69 and it will erase my sms text, call log, and emails. I check status and it says 0 bytes memory free. Then I take out the battery and put it back in. Then it says 20,000,000 bytes free. But the messages are already gone and it can't get them back. Very frustrating.

The new firmware released by blackberry, but T-Mobile USA has not realeased it on the website so you cannot install it on your phone unless you have another carrier which has released it on their website.
    booooooo
    sucks.
    You know you can use any OS as long as you delete the vendor.xml file and the OS is for the pearl right?