Is the limitation of A2DP support for the pearl a hardware issue or softare limitation? ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

rizen34 no está en línea Stack level 1

A2DP support

Advertisement

Is the limitation of A2DP support for the pearl a hardware issue or softare limitation? If it is limited by the software does anyone know of a hack to get A2DP support?

Thanks

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Re: A2DP support

this is also something I have been almost obsessed with since getting my Pearl, after all I use my pearl like an iPod as well.
    Last edited by RemyKirin; 07-03-2007 at 07:12 PM.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I believe its a software issue but I could be wrong. No hack is known at this time. I think when we get an OS update to the 4.2.2.XX OS it will be available. I don't think that will come intil the pearl 2 though. This is all speculation too.

PIN/ID
    Ask me

Smile Re: A2DP support

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I believe its a software issue but I could be wrong. No hack is known at this time. I think when we get an OS update to the 4.2.2.XX OS it will be available. I don't think that will come intil the pearl 2 though. This is all speculation too.

If it is a software issue it's probably only a matter of time until some dev comes up with a third party app that can run it, perhaps a third party media player altogether for BB? Who knows, all I know is I can't wait till I can stop using wired headphones and start using my Motorola HT820 Stereo Bluetooth Headphones!!!

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

It is most definitely software related. If you are using the dollar5 multiplay mediaplayer (hate to plug another software but this definitely does work), you can use bluetooth stero headphones for listening. I found out about this on another site as many iothers have gotten it to work, and it is working for me with my BT stereo phones. Now to say for sure that it is true stereo, I can not as I haven't listened that closely to discern if it is true stereo or not but it is playing out of both sides and that is more than I could accomplish with the built in media player. As per the developer it works and it is supported in the hardware and that RIM is aware of the situation and possibly addressing it in the future. Hope this helps some people out. Other were using the Motorolas that you speak of and claiming good results. The cool thing is that I can also call out and receive call with mine (they have a built in mic and the handsfree profile) and the calls come in both sides, so it makes it easire to hear and understand the callers for me.
    Last edited by squeakr; 07-04-2007 at 02:23 PM.

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Yes it is in the software as everyone else said. I have gotten it to work by playing music and then going into the browser and finding a link to call someone and then you call it and then when it connects press end and the music is still playing except you can't do anything else on the phone while you are doing this because the music stops.

PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by GotPearl?
    Yes it is in the software as everyone else said. I have gotten it to work by playing music and then going into the browser and finding a link to call someone and then you call it and then when it connects press end and the music is still playing except you can't do anything else on the phone while you are doing this because the music stops.
    I have done this as well and its nice but the sound quality leaves much to be desired and it takes too much effort. I would love to have my Bluetooth headphones/headset play music in full stereo but if I can only get good quality mono out of both I wouldn't complain.

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

In my post I referred to the Dollars5 multiplay mediaplay player. This works as is and requires no extra hoops o jump through like the built in player. It just works for listening through BT stereo headsets (now whether or not it comes through with stereo brillance or just mono in each ear, I am not complaining for now).

wiseprick no está en línea Stack level 1

i also use the 5dallor paluer works great through my bb655 headset.....

PIN/ID
    Ask me

Thumbs up Re: A2DP support

Quote Originally Posted by squeakr
    In my post I referred to the Dollars5 multiplay mediaplay player. This works as is and requires no extra hoops o jump through like the built in player. It just works for listening through BT stereo headsets (now whether or not it comes through with stereo brillance or just mono in each ear, I am not complaining for now).
    Awesome, Just awesome! Great program, now I just need to round up $20 for the license. While it is true it's not perfect quality and I am not sure if it's stereo, it still beats the hell outta the glich method. Thanx for informing us of this great program.

Edit: I just check the website it's not true a2dp support, so not stereo, but still works for me!