Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Exactly----who are we to judge? Its not our money, nor is it our child. Cut ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Re: 9 year old gets Pearl for Xmas

Advertisement

Exactly----who are we to judge? Its not our money, nor is it our child. Cut and dry.....people waste so much time worrying about others.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

markmercado no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24267CF8

my niece has a pearl, 13yr

amanderbander no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2452AA5C

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysbelieve1 View Post
    Who's Zack Morris?
    from saved by the bell.

[IFC]Area51 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by colomboj View Post
    At 9 I would have so taken a pearl apart just to see how it worked. More than likley breaking it for good.

Kids these days...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    LMAO!!!, i would've probably done the same.

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by amanderbander View Post
    from saved by the bell.
    Well why did he sat it's a "Zack Morris phone"? I don't get it and I've seen like all those shows.

KriK no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysbelieve1 View Post
    Well why did he sat it's a "Zack Morris phone"? I don't get it and I've seen like all those shows.
    The original Motorola phone (the absolutely indestructible analog one) was called the Zach Morris phone because back then it was ridiculously expensive yet Zack Morris had one on Saved By The Bell. (It quite possibly could be the very first cell phone ever on TV). I guess the name kinda stuck over the years.

Speaking of which I found the original Motorola cell phone advertisement on youtube last month. I've lost the link but I'm sure you could find it if you searched. Lol.

amanderbander no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2452AA5C

http://www.oaktreeent.com/web_photos...-Phone_web.jpg zack morris phone....i had walkie talkies that looked like this...

sugardad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241ef283

LoL!
    This reminds me my Core2Duo T7200, 2GBRAM, NV7600, 15,4TFT, BT-Wifi Vista etc Laptop
    I sold It on a on line auctions site
    finally when the time came to meet with my buyer so as to handover the Item
    he told me that he wanted It as a present for his 6 yrs old son!

Go Figure! %)

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~this is a technological age and kids are growing up with every aspect of it. It's only natural to have it be second nature in this day and age. It's great too cause if they know instinctively the tech we use today just imagine what more they'll come up with tomorrow.

Beazer no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2400E929

Quote Originally Posted by lorochka View Post
    So, 4 guns - ok to spend your hard earned money for, but not a phone?
    My 8yo killing deer and turkeys puts food in the freezer. A couple deer and three or four turkeys and we have the equivalent of over $400 worth of store bought meat in the freezer. Guns are an investment that you get something back from, either more money in the future or food to eat. Guns and bows can be something that provide as well as entertain. My kid could kill food and provide himself shelter in the event he absolutely needs to because he's been provided with the proper tools and knowledge. Knowing how to text a friend or call Dominos only lasts until the battery goes dead. Then, what do they do? Throw a fit, curl up in the fetal position and cry themself to sleep.

grommmm no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2506BFFE

i'd also buy a gps mouse with the pearl, very useful for smart kids who can learn how to use it. hope one day i have a kid like that, ofcourse with a pearl, a gps mouse..

jeffseggelke no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by glehman85 View Post
    oh geez

i couldnt imagine getting the "zack morris" cell phone when i was nine
    nice name drop :-)

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629

Like who cares? Its not our money and if a parent wants to waste money on some kid its their problem . Some one will probably take it or he will brake it himself.

cballard26 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    243512FF

Smile Re: 9 year old gets Pearl for Xmas

Quote Originally Posted by Beazer View Post
    Even though I've been registered, I just don't post often. But, I had to respond to this post.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!

My eight year old son always gets our old phones to play with. When we upgrade we keep one phone to throw a Sim card into if something happens and we need a back-up. He gets the previous back-up phone to toy around with. He can't use it for anything except games, period. He wants HIS own phone and these are his reasons.....Call Mommy, Daddy, Nana and Papaw....that's it. He absolutely will not get one and here are MY reasons......He's with me, he's with mommy...and when he is he can use ours to call Nana or Papaw....OR, he's at school. My kid is never away from me other than at school, he has no reason to have a cell phone to call anyone. I have two laptops for home, one for work, a cell phone for work and a blackberry for personal. I don't see any valid reason there can be for a child to a have a cell phone until they are old enough to be away from their parents or a guardian and by themself for an extended period of time. Until he's old enough that I trust him to be safe without me, he doesn't need a phone to carry in his pocket, he can use mine. Seriously, unless he's with a school function he isn't out of my sight...what the h-ll does he need a cell phone for???? Oh, to text me G'nite because I'm too busy to give him a kiss and hug? Or call me from the bathroom because he forgot a towel before he got in the bathtub?? Please, kids and cell phones are a joke. If anyone thinks their pre-teen kid "NEEDS" s a cell phone, save your money and invest it. Give it a few years and you'll be able to afford to buy them the "Blackberry 12995.6 Nuclear that has the self charging reactor and is no more than the size of the average bluetooth headset." It'll be out in about 5 years, so the interest on your $400 investment should at least cover the cost when you sign up for the 18 year plan.

And please don't argue the maturity level with me either. My son has four guns and has been through hunting and gun safety courses. He uses his guns, not BB guns, real guns to hunt and target shoot with. He's more than mature for his age. He just has no need, as I don't see another child his age having a need, for a phone to carry around that wastes my hard earned money.

Ohh this was good. Hahaha. The Blackberry Nuclear!!! lol This is true though kids do not need a cell unless there away from family for extended periods or old enough to appreciate the phone. Of course it's the parents decision and some parents feel safer if their kids have a direct way to communicate with them. Others dont mind spending the money for a phone if it's what their kid wants....My daughter is 6 and she will not be getting a phone anytime soon. Definitely not a $400 phone.. but to each his/her own

dead_psycho1 no está en línea Stack level 1

I am only going to be 16 in feb. and I am getting a blackberry pearl in june. i have had a cellphone since the end of my 7th grade year (but i am a tech FREAK and know alot about cellphones and i actually care unlike others my age)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast