Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Originally Posted by teamjordan23 I dont see why it matters if a 9 year old ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dave627ny no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23e8ca32

Re: 9 year old gets Pearl for Xmas

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by teamjordan23 View Post
    I dont see why it matters if a 9 year old gets a BB for Xmas. Who even knows if the parents will activate the Data plan or let them use it just as a regular phone. It seems most of you forget a BB can be used as a regular cellphone instead of a data/email machine. This thread is pointless to me, doesn't matter we think as it wont have an effect. You guys act as if a BB is a weapon for a 9 year old.
    Just for the records verizon wireless is the only carrier that wont allow you to activate a blackberry without a data plan. The moment you scan the ESN number of the bberry the data plan gets put on, and you CANT take it out.

So mr. TEAMJORDAN23 i think you are wrong.

And i know kids that cant read yet but they have cell phones, so im not surprise if a 9 years old gets a bberry.

L-Town no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2078A7E8

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I got one last year and I was only 13 but I am good with computers and phones and stuff like that!!

bluefairy1971 no está en línea Stack level 3

i dont see what the big deal is. i got th e pearl for my daughter it was only 39.99 from at&t . it had what she needed and was cheap, she is 13. her first cell phone i got her was at age 7. she is my only child and i need to always be able to reach her. as long as she is well behaved, obediant and keeps getting all a & b in school she will get what she wants. her laptop is more advanced than mine but she takes care of it and uses it to its advancements.
    anyway, happy holidays to everyone here, have a blessed and safe weekend.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Quote Originally Posted by dave627ny View Post
    Just for the records verizon wireless is the only carrier that wont allow you to activate a blackberry without a data plan. The moment you scan the ESN number of the bberry the data plan gets put on, and you CANT take it out.

So mr. TEAMJORDAN23 i think you are wrong.

And i know kids that cant read yet but they have cell phones, so im not surprise if a 9 years old gets a bberry.
    Not true, you can activate with AT&T without a data plan. There is no contractual requirement to maintain a data plan with the Blackberry or any other smart phone that AT&T carries.

Whether or not the salesperson chooses to share that information with you is another matter.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

PIN/ID
    Just Ax

I think each kid and parent has to make that call. The fact of the matter is, cellphones are now a very common item in society. For busy working parents like me, they are a very helpful way to stay in touch with our kids. Its all about whether or not you think your kid is mature enough to handle it. For me, I didn't want to spend the money on a BB when all he needs right now is the ability to make calls. (If I could have gotten one for $39.99 with a pay as you go plan, I just might have done it, though. If nothing else, his phone would have been a backup for mine. )
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Michaels no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2429E006

One daughter being 6 and the another being 29 their blackberries is alot of fun for them.
    6 year old has Curve and the 29 has pearl. My wife and i have Curves makes it easy to stay in touch, our employees all use blackberries.

iheartmybb22 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask :)

I know what you mean. My friend's little sister, both of them are completely spoiled rotten, got a new 8800 like, two weeks ago. She's only 10. =/ I was just like, "Oh, it's nice. It the bigger version of mine, pretty much" and I showed her how to text from it. I thought it was her mom's at first.

lorochka no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Beazer View Post
    My son has four guns....

I don't see another child his age having a need, for a phone to carry around that wastes my hard earned money.
    So, 4 guns - ok to spend your hard earned money for, but not a phone?

codyk09 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23fc6212

well im 16 and ive had a phone since i was about 12 because my grandpa owned a cingular store, but people are getting more electronics and kids are getting them earlier. I know of a woman who is getting her 6 year old a laptop...yes they might to be able to use all of the features and they might break it but if u can afford it then whats the problem. its part of the society were living in

dave627ny no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23e8ca32

Quote Originally Posted by LaTuFu View Post
    Not true, you can activate with AT&T without a data plan. There is no contractual requirement to maintain a data plan with the Blackberry or any other smart phone that AT&T carries.

Whether or not the salesperson chooses to share that information with you is another matter.
    you are right but if you read the original post. The kid was buynig a pearl from verizon not from att.

AndyR no está en línea Stack level 2

I know two people who are 14 years with Blackberry Pearls

And I guess Blackberry Pearls are cheaper than the new phones like Env or the voyager and what ever comes our every day.

PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Quote Originally Posted by dave627ny View Post
    you are right but if you read the original post. The kid was buynig a pearl from verizon not from att.
    I went back and read your original post. I stand corrected. I read yours wrong when I responded.

Thingus995 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FA8180

This is absurd, I'm a young guy and I busted my hump to buy the phone I'm posting this from, a buck fifty is a lot of money to spend, and I will be the first to admit that I didn't need it, but I bought it, I love it and I use it more than I should everyday. The primary reason I think this is absurd is the number of cases we see on the news about young kids being kidnapped or assaulted in various ways. I had a pager until I was 15, if my parents needed me, I'd know it, and could respond accordingly, the problem with phones, and more specifically smart phones is the ability to access the internet, and the dangers that presents to people on a daily basis. By arming a child with a smart phone that can access the internet (data plan or not, there are ways... I did it with my ericsson t610 and even my old nokia 6200 could be use to find locations of other phone numbers and various rudementary data functions) you are simply inviting the world to come at your child full force, and the average nine year old and honestly probably up into the mid teens is not prepared for that no matter how mature or smart, there are more mature and plenty cunning individuals out there, and its not a matter of not trusting my child (my girlfriends in this case) but not trusting the few select people out there who have caused the trouble that they have for our society... I am fully against putting such technology in the hands of such young individuals, and im now done with my rant

mrblackberry64 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2423A97D

wow... the only problem is this 9 year old wont know how to use it to its full extent. its a shame but still good for blackberry to expand to little childrens choose for the phone to get.

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by glehman85 View Post
    oh geez

i couldnt imagine getting the "zack morris" cell phone when i was nine
    Who's Zack Morris?
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast