Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally Posted by PRAGAZZO I get the red X, can't send or receive since the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Re: .94 phone frustration

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by PRAGAZZO
    I get the red X, can't send or receive
    since the 1.xx upgrades it seems to only allow 1 tunnel at a time. are you signed into any 3rd party apps i.e. jivetalk, ramble, im+ etc? you can not send/receieve mms while any other of those kind of apps are connected and using the connection.

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e
    I've been noticing the battery drain since day one with this OS. Not only that, none of my group lists in the address book will work, it throws a java error. My screen goes to the app error 523 reset at least once a week now. My games require me to input the activation code everytime I open them. The sound drops out suddenly and with no discernable reason. Apps that worked fine before when I was running the TMO OS now no longer want to work correctly. Games are a case in point. As are the group lists I have had set up forever. The autodim feature doesn't work correctly. It's as if no matter how I set it, the bb doesn't see it. My hourglass spins WAY more than it ever did, especially when opening my pictures folder. The lag on bb msgr is awful if I have more than 3 convos going at any one time. All in all, it's not worth the 2 or 3 things that did change. I do love being able to send voicenotes while in bb msgr. TMO OS is going back on this week. I'm tired of having to do constant battery pulls because my Pearl freezes up if I hit keys in a certain combo. Or my games won't open at all unless I close them instead of just hurriedly hitting the end key when I need to get off quickly. The browser freezes constantly. None of these clear up unless and until I do a battery pull and leave it out for at LEAST 2 mins. These were not problems I was having before. It all started with the Rogers OS.

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

AHHHH! ok, so i had the same problem that glehman85 had. ever so often in calls, the sound would cut out for about 20-30 seconds at a time. the call wouldn't drop - but they wouldn't be able to hear me and vice versa. i did what glehman85 did (and he was nice enough to walk me through it all) -- i completely wiped my BB using jl_cmder, and reinstalled the .94 os.

i had been alrite for about 4 days...no problems with calls. then i hit the highway; the same problem came back. it doesn't happen on all calls, but probably every other call. i am sucking it up, and downgrading to cingular's .73.

very disappointed. i was liking .94 - and as much as i thought i would HATE the new tmo zen with the icons instead of the list - i really started liking it.

but, just out of curiosity - why would this be happening? this may just be a huge coincidence, but this only happened when i was moving from area to area. i upgraded the first time in michigan, and problems didn't start until i was leaving that area, going to ohio. i wiped and reinstalled in ohio, and had no problems for a couple days. as soon as i was leaving ohio and going to indiana, the problem started again. any connection here? or is this total improbable?

just wondering if anyone else had problems like this with .94.

PIN/ID
    Retired

just got done downgrading to .73. still have my icons on TMO zen instead of the list! guess there is no difference that i am worried about b/w .94 and .73.

but still -- anyone seen the above problem?

jlancaster00 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b26f82

I've been having dropped call problems too. Maybe 3 a day. The OS is not stable enough yet. The call lag was resolved from before on the TMO OS.
    As far as battery life goes just close some of those apps like jive talk that drain.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

TanBucsFan no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

The problem I've been having is lag time using more than one app. Like say I'm browsing the net and talking in yahoo or BB messenger I will get the hourglass of death. If I happen to get a call while its lagging I am not able to answer the call and must do a battery pull.

Today I wiped my BB and reinstalled .94 again so I'll see how it works this time. I hope its not going to continue messing up because I really like sending voice notes through BB messeger. But like someone else already said its not worth the battery pulls just to have voice notes on BB messenger. Oh and I also have poor battery life now as well.

PIN/ID
    Retired

i had the "hourglass of death" (<--- haha) on certain things with .94 as well. i really noticed it in my media folder - accessing my pictures and mp3's. since downgrading to .73, no hourglass yet!!

glad i downgraded. (and no calls dropping yet either - still crossing my fingers, but don't know why i would now).

i really like the cingular os.

teleberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23F8AB7F

I lasted about 3 hours with Rogers 1.94
    Dropped a bunch of calls, couldn't hear or be heard, like I was in a poor connection area. It also crashed a few times when I tried to load my own ringtones back.
    This was after a JL_Cmdr wipe.
    I am now running 0.73 and it works great. I will not upgrade again until Tmo comes out with their new one, as if that is ever going to happen...

phil0sophic no está en línea Stack level 2

Hmmmm..

I have Tmo and have had the upgrade in 2 (my wife and I) for over 2 weeks without a single issue, none, nada, zip. We have allot of 3rd party apps and run downloaded themes, I have cleaned out all the unnecessary language and media files as well. I suppose I should feel lucky that our phones are not in the strange behavior group, cant be my karma…

paulypaul no está en línea Stack level 3

what is this .94 people are talking about?

I have been running 4.2.1.194 for two weeks now issue free.

P

PIN/ID
    Retired

are you sure? roger's handheld os is 4.2.1.94.

on your main screen, hold ALT and type R-A-C-E. what app version is listed?

paulypaul no está en línea Stack level 3

when I got the phone it had an older version of 4.2.1.X.

I upgraded to 4.2.1.194. right off the rogers support website.

now if I go to APPLICATIONS>OPTIONS>ABOUT it is right there. v4.2.1.194 (platform 2.3.0.77)

absolved no está en línea Stack level 3

I also have no problems with dropped calls. My friend and I upgraded together and so far it's worked perfectly. :x

Oh and if any of you are having problems of missing stock tones since upgrading, the blackberry HELP! Site that is already pre bookmarked contains ringers for download including raytrace and tinkerbell.

PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by absolved
    Oh and if any of you are having problems of missing stock tones since upgrading, the blackberry HELP! Site that is already pre bookmarked contains ringers for download including raytrace and tinkerbell.
    good to know!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123