Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well tonight I was out and locked my phone not thinking it could dial out....well ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dwearnest no está en línea Stack level 1

911 Calls when Locked?

Advertisement

Well tonight I was out and locked my phone not thinking it could dial out....well i was wrong and it dialed the emergency number, 911 without me knowing.

#1) My question is is there anyway you can take off the emercency dial option when the phone is locked?

#2) And also if you can take off the emerceny dial number all together?

Thanks guys,

Dave

sayh0y no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204af577
    its not possible. best way to do it is just use stand by mode so you don't have to worry about it being pushed at all

PacificDude8 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by dwearnest
    Well tonight I was out and locked my phone not thinking it could dial out....well i was wrong and it dialed the emergency number, 911 without me knowing.

#1) My question is is there anyway you can take off the emercency dial option when the phone is locked?

#2) And also if you can take off the emerceny dial number all together?

Thanks guys,

Dave
    Don't waste time locking the phone, use Stand By instead. It saves battery, and it still locks the keypad.
    --
    Walt

absolved no está en línea Stack level 3
    I feel your pain. I just recently set a password after reading about enabling a password and now it seems I have to be a little careful to advantage of it. The stand by mode gets the keys to lock true, but it doesn't prompt for a pw when you get out of it.

What os are you using? I'm using the new telefonica 4.2.0.67 os and noticed that the little dialogue box for the emergency call comes on only when I press the menu button, call button, and return button now. Pressing the trackball just lights up the screen, and other buttons prompt password.

If you just wanna get rid of the problem just turn off pw security. Upon pressing buttons it'll just give instructions for unlocking the phone rather than give that little dialogue box.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I meant to say "read about setting a password to enable security". Anyway hope that helps!

dwearnest no está en línea Stack level 1
    i am using the .64 update from t-mobiles website

thanks for help guys

SDU_Eric no está en línea Stack level 3
    I use rogers and when i pull the phone out of the holster from sleep mode, you get a choice of 1) unlock, 2) emergency calls, or 3) cancel.. and if you click on emergency calls while the phone is lock, it will dial 911 >.< thats why use the holster and you won't accidently press that button.

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by dwearnest
    i am using the .64 update from t-mobiles website

thanks for help guys
    If I put it in standby (mute) then can I dial 911 without pushing mute again? Before I updated if I pressed any key I'd see a prompt to unlock (* + green phone). Now I see nothing, and * = green phone does nothing. Is that the way it's supposed to work now?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigNewt
    If I put it in standby (mute) then can I dial 911 without pushing mute again? Before I updated if I pressed any key I'd see a prompt to unlock (* + green phone). Now I see nothing, and * = green phone does nothing. Is that the way it's supposed to work now?
    Yes, that's how it works. Press mute to get out of standby. =)

PIN/ID
    204af577
    Quote Originally Posted by absolved
    I feel your pain. I just recently set a password after reading about enabling a password and now it seems I have to be a little careful to advantage of it. The stand by mode gets the keys to lock true, but it doesn't prompt for a pw when you get out of it.

What os are you using? I'm using the new telefonica 4.2.0.67 os and noticed that the little dialogue box for the emergency call comes on only when I press the menu button, call button, and return button now. Pressing the trackball just lights up the screen, and other buttons prompt password.

If you just wanna get rid of the problem just turn off pw security. Upon pressing buttons it'll just give instructions for unlocking the phone rather than give that little dialogue box.
    i'm using the same OS but once i touch the trackball it still gives me the menu. Oo well i like using standby mode anyways.

What? so weird! I just put the phone on lock and pressed the ball, it doesn't give me the menu at all. =\ You sure it's the telefonica .67 OS and not the .64?

PIN/ID
    204af577
    yes ma`am. 4.2.0.67 .. it's all good though

jahf no está en línea Stack level 2
    I haven't really used the standby mode ... it looked like it was "off" when I did. Will phone/email/alarms still sound when in that mode?

icefone no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb Re: 911 Calls when Locked......????????

i have posted elsewhere about this too. Standby is not a solution either. When in standby, if the red pwr button is push/held, the phone will come out of standby and is free to respond to ALL key presses.

search for "keypad lock has bugs!!!"

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: 911 Calls when Locked......????????

Quote Originally Posted by icefone
    i have posted elsewhere about this too. Standby is not a solution either. When in standby, if the red pwr button is push/held, the phone will come out of standby and is free to respond to ALL key presses.

search for "keypad lock has bugs!!!"
    Yep, mine does the same thing.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast