I have key lock and security code on my phone and whenever I receive phone ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

iamlee no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF5DC2

88 pearl wont answer phone calls - help!

Advertisement

I have key lock and security code on my phone and whenever I receive phone calls I press the green button and it won't pick up the call..using the track ball does not work either.. It seems like it stays in lock mode and won't let me press any buttons at all.. Any suggestions?

When my phone is is in my pocket I don't use the keyboard lock and only use the standby mode.. But it still puts it in keyboard lock anyways.. Is that suppose to happen?

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: 88 pearl wont answer phone calls - help!

Bumping. I'm a 8700 user when it's locked I can answer calls without unlocking. Anyone else can comfirm on the 8100?

Len
    Len no está en línea Stack level 2

Thats strange, On my pearl when it is password protected and a call comes in I am ableto answer the call just by pressing the answer button, then when the call is ended the keypad goes back to the locked mode, sounds like there may be a fault with your phone.

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by iamlee
    I have key lock and security code on my phone and whenever I receive phone calls I press the green button and it won't pick up the call..using the track ball does not work either.. It seems like it stays in lock mode and won't let me press any buttons at all.. Any suggestions?

When my phone is is in my pocket I don't use the keyboard lock and only use the standby mode.. But it still puts it in keyboard lock anyways.. Is that suppose to happen?
    you should still be able to answer it, thats strange. As far as your pocket do you have it set to lock in holster, go to options>security options>general settings and make sure lock handheld upon holstering is set to no....try a battery pull (this fixes alot of problems)

silverxj no está en línea Stack level 2

I am not sure if the pearl is like this or not.
    But I had a nokia that had settings for when you had it pin locked.
    You could either allow all incoming calls or only calls from a specific number.
    That way you could set it up to only allow a call from, for example, your home phone.
    That way if you lost it, the only function the phone would have is being able to receive calls from your home phone, making it completely useless to the finder, but allowing you the chance to call the finder and get your ophone back.
    But like I said before, I am not sure if the pearl has these capabilities.

~John