I was just checking to see if Verizon updated the 8130 to 4.5 and it ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jediman no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb 8310 Update from Verizon? Site says so..but..

Advertisement

I was just checking to see if Verizon updated the 8130 to 4.5 and it says now:

1. What BlackBerry model are you using?
    Select... Blackberry 8830™ Blackberry 8703e™ Blackberry 8330™ Blackberry 8130™ Blackberry 7750™ Blackberry 7250™ Blackberry 7130e™ Blackberry 6750™ BlackBerry Device Software v4.3 (updated 10/31/2008)
    VZAccess Manager Software (Subject to..)
    Please enter your 10-digit Verizon Wireless number:

--

er..4.3 is current..so what did it update?
    Did they just fudge the site to make us twitch or did someone forget to update the OS version and link I wonder?

Same goes for the 8330...

VR
    VR no está en línea Stack level 3
    it was released then pulled for whatever reason
    My blackberry is anti-Obama Bin Llama

Oh damnit!
    Last edited by azstar; 11-01-2008 at 12:08 PM. Reason: content edit

Oh, so I just had my reply ghanked, so I guess what I posted was against the forum rules, so my apologies!

Does Verizon have a history of this, and if so, any chance it might be re-posted anytime soon, or will we be waiting forever as we usually do with them?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    jediman, FYI, you can get 4.5.0.77 for the 8130 and 8330 - see this thread to read about it - if you want to try it.

I understand that you may want to wait for Verizon to release it but I and many others have been running it for awhile. Your choice of course.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Hi Jblack, I actually did have 4.5.0.77 (also loaded it on my wife's pearl) and actually experienced a # of issues with it, but who knows.

Although I do have a question regarding the vendor specific releases...are there really any advantages to them?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Just edited your post jediman, the only links to RIM's BlackBerry software allowed are those from the official RIM BlackBerry download site or the official carrier's site. If it has been pulled then it is not authorized for release at the moment. Allthough you could try the updater on the BlackBerry site and see if it's available that way...try this link http://na.blackberry.com/eng/service...ab_tab_upgrade
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Sadly, the updater does not allow me to upgrade as I've got Enterprise activation (I run BBerry Pro server @ work for a # of users..makes life so much simpler when OWA crashes )

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Too bad, but maybe it's like Alltel did, it was available for a couple hours, then pulled for the weekend and back on Monday, so hopefully it will ba back up soon for verizon users too.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by jediman View Post
    ...........Although I do have a question regarding the vendor specific releases...are there really any advantages to them?
    There might be an issue of warranty if you have a problem with your BB and the carrier sees that you're running an "unapproved" release. In that case most users simply restore the "official" release. The only other thing I can think of is if you want to use a particular carrier-supplied theme and it's not available to you through the other release.

Personally I have no reason to NOT use any carrier's release that works well.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

WJC1701 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask me..
    Hey fellow berry users...... I spent a hour and a half on the phone with Verizon Tech support in reference to the new "4.3" 10/31/2008 update. First the Tech at Verizon was lost and had little to no idea about the new update. If you go to the VZW BB update site and click on the more information link, a PDF file opens w/a welcoming page of how RIM released 4.5 OS for the 8130. After the VZW tech read over this and tried the update with it not working, he placed me on hold and connected me directly to BB RIM Tech Support. After tring the update RIM said VZW messed the update by not correctly naming the file and they would have to fix this for it to work. After this I was reconnected to another VZW Tech which then told me that as of 1pm EST the update was going to be pulled and reworked. He said VZW Tech team is working on the fix and hope to have it fixed ASAP. If anyone has any other luck with the new patch please let me know!!!! Hope this helps..........
    Wayne J. Clark

Hey guys, its out!!!