Hi! I'm not new to pinstack, but I'm new to joining in on the discussion. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

katrelle no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile 8220 Pearl Flip Reboots During Phone Calls

Advertisement

Hi! I'm not new to pinstack, but I'm new to joining in on the discussion. I recently purchased the new pearl flip and replaced my old pearl 8100(actually someone stole it just as I had sold it on ebay). I love the flip but I am having major issues with the phone rebooting during phone calls. Sometimes my phone will hold 20 minute conversations before rebooting and sometimes it will only hold 6 minute conversations.

I have installed so many different Operating Systems since I purchased it only 4 weeks ago. I've tried removing and reformatting my memory card. I've freed up space. I've pulled the battery a zillion times. I've also, used the phone in safe mode. None of these things seem to be the issue.

Last night, after searching through comments, I updated my OS to the 4.6.0.222. I must say this by a mile has been the best. Keep in mind that it has only been like 8 hours since the download! LOL But my reason for saying this is that I've held a 20 minute conversation this morning without any timer appearing, but this isn't out of the normal. However, this OS added service books to my phone. So. . . that alone was something different. (So anyone needing service books give this OS a try)

I will update everyone on this operating system if the rebooting problem occurs with this OS. (I promise not to be as long-winded!!!)

The OS install can be found here on post #48 of this thread
    Latest Official OS for Pearl 8220 - As of Feb. 16, 2009:
    (they won't let me post links!!!)

Package Version: 4.6.0.375
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 4.6.0.222
    Software Platform: 4.1.0.80
    File name: 8220M_PBr4.6.0_rel375_PL4.1.0.80_A4.6.0.222_AMX_-_Claro_Argentina.exe
    File size: 88.4MB

Smile MMS service books

By service books being added, I mean multimedia service books is among the many others!

I had 1 reboot this afternoon. I wish someone could come up with a fix. it doesnt seem to be OS related any more than the other things I've tried to correct this problem. I still like the .222 OS. It seems to be faster than the others in my opinion. And of course I didnt have to manually install service books like I normally have to.

UPDATE!

For the past 2 days, my phone has not rebooted during phone calls lasting over 20 minutes. I shall be happy as long as this lasts!! LOL