Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Yeah, I was using a 4.5 custom today plus theme and I could not move ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Advertisement

Yeah, I was using a 4.5 custom today plus theme and I could not move the bottom icons. I'm excited that we can do that again with 4.6! My desire for what icons I want there changes periodically and it's nice to be able to make changes as the mood strikes.

micjenks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by gritsinct View Post
    Yeah, I was using a 4.5 custom today plus theme and I could not move the bottom icons. I'm excited that we can do that again with 4.6! My desire for what icons I want there changes periodically and it's nice to be able to make changes as the mood strikes.
    Yeah me too I was crazy excited when I realized we have that capability now I think zen themes are boring and was using them anyway most of the time but now I can focus more on the design of the theme instead of worrying about what every didderby person wants on the home screen.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    see below I have added the link for the theme

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    I just got my 8220 today. I really like it. I do have a question though. Is there anyway to have the browser set so you don't have to zoom in everytime you go to a web page. That part is annoying. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Hopefully I can get mine soon. I kind of spent the money I had for it because something came up.

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.81 OS!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

galavanter no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have a Curve but unless 4.6 is quite different I would think the answer is to hit the menu button while in the browser, select options>general properties, and change default view from desktop to mobile.

I fondled the 8220 the other day at a T-mo store and found it tempting. But until Mapquest or Telenav or another gps application with voice prompts supports it, I must wait. I need a gps application that allows me to search my contacts for my job. I currently use Mapquest Navigator and like it. MQ tells me they will support it and the Bold this quarter, but no tentative release date has yet been set.

The slight lag reported compared to the Curve is a negative to me as well. Always tough to go back to a slower computer. I read they have the same processor but I guess the demands of 4.6 are greater...

Quote Originally Posted by li2327 View Post
    I just got my 8220 today. I really like it. I do have a question though. Is there anyway to have the browser set so you don't have to zoom in everytime you go to a web page. That part is annoying. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ask me
    By the way since I don't have the phone obviously it is a bit difficult for me to test it fully please let me know if everything looks and works ok. Sometimes its hard to tell where the backround and text might conflict.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

NOID no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2423EC62
    Quote Originally Posted by micjenks View Post
    see below I have added the link for the theme

where did the link go?

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by NOID View Post
    where did the link go?
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...=7&linkid=1820

its with the screen shots but here it is again

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I'm not able to get the link! I get the following message even though I AM logged in!

"Unfortunately, this entry is only available to our registered users. If you have an account at this site, log in and try again. Otherwise, consider using the register button to obtain one.
    Please be aware that some entries on this site may only be available to privileged usergroups, in which case you may still receive a warning message after logging in."

Help! I'd love to get my hands on this theme!

absolved no está en línea Stack level 3
    I came from using the Curve but I've always wanted a flip blackberry since day 1 so I was stoked to get this.

I was a little hesitant when I held it the first time, it does feel "cheap" to me. But it wasn't enough to deter me from purchasing it.

After fooling around with it for 24 hours, I can say that a Curve was more efficient. Typing was quicker, less lag in typing, the buttons weren't so far apart where I feel like I'm reaching with my thumbs (I have small hands), and the one thing I miss the most are the short cuts. Going from application to application on 8220 feels very convoluted to me. I also did not miss the usual "shes"/"ages", "see/are" and "dave/face" among many other suretype "typos". ><
    Another thing I miss about the Curve is the built in soft reset (shift + alt + delete). Does anyone know if there is anything like that for the 8220? If not, anyone know of a soft reset program that will work for the new 4.6 OS?

I'm going to stick with it at least for another week until the G1 comes out and see if I can let it grow on me. I totally dig the flip aspect of the 8220 more than anything. The external LCD and new OS, crystal clear screen resolution are all pretty sweet too.

Smurf2598 no está en línea Themes Expert
    PIN/ID
    320FE245
    Quote Originally Posted by micjenks View Post

What do you think about this one? If you like it I can upload it today.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...=7&linkid=1820
    tadaaaa now i c it... sweeeet theme.. good work
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS]~~ J. SMURF <~~[/FONT]

BBThemesUnltd
    --- My Site
    Follow me on Twitter
    @JSmurfy
    @BBThemesUnltd

galavanter no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks for the mini review. I also have the Curve, my first BB, and have finally realized the great advantage learning and using the shortcuts provide. I have been tempted by the 8220 too, coming to BB from the flip world, and didn't realize there were no application shortcuts from the home screen. Good info.

Quote Originally Posted by absolved View Post
    ...and the one thing I miss the most are the short cuts. Going from application to application on 8220 feels very convoluted to me.

PIN/ID
    ask me

just wanted to share this, unfortunately I can't post them all here but it will be available on my site, let me know what you think......
    Attached Images Attached Images

Smurf2598 no está en línea Themes Expert
    PIN/ID
    320FE245
    yeah now i see the theme nice work on it i like it.. how long it took u to recolor the icons.. thats such an easy task but such a pain in the bottom with GIMP
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS]~~ J. SMURF <~~[/FONT]

BBThemesUnltd
    --- My Site
    Follow me on Twitter
    @JSmurfy
    @BBThemesUnltd

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast