Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by archer6 . I have confidence in RIM. Building a good flip mechanism ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    I have confidence in RIM. Building a good flip mechanism is easy. They have great engineers on staff, & just like any other manufacturer, they benefit by studying the competitions flip designs & related issues, thereby avoiding those problems on the BlackBerry flip. This model is going to surprise the critics. It is being very well received initially & it may very well wash away some of the poor image issues that are being created by the Bold "delayed release" debacle.
    Cheers
    sent via BlackBerry

I agree; RIM always take pride in their product. The flip designs will be a major hit among the ladies. Several of which that I made aware of the flip and will be in line to get one.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by planneau View Post
    I agree; RIM always take pride in their product. The flip designs will be a major hit among the ladies. Several of which that I made aware of the flip and will be in line to get one.
    Precisely! When a positive approach is used, as you are doing, it promotes the brand, more people buy BlackBerrys & everyone wins!

Thanks for your great post....
    Cheers
    sent via BlackBerry

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    I agree with your well written response as it applies to other BlackBerry models. However in this case, RIM is taking a completely different approach with the flip model. They have purposely designed & built this model at the lowest possible cost to them. In turn they are passing on that savings in the form of a much lower cost of the device to the carriers. The main goal that RIM has made well known to the carriers & the analysts on Wall St is to make this the first ever mass market BlackBerry. The Pearl was a "test" to see what public response would be for a consumer focused BlackBerry. Because it was so successful, RIM immediately began working on the flip model with two goals in mind at that time. Now knowing there was a lot of interest, the first goal was to create the first flip BlackBerry & the second goal was to keep development & production costs low so as to truly target the mass market with a low cost BlackBerry. RIM wins because they sell a huge number of devices, the carriers win because they keep their normal margins while selling data plans that they would not normally sell. It's a brilliant move by RIM. The perfect follow up to the original consumer BlackBerry, the Pearl.

Cheers
    sent via BlackBerry
    well the curve with rogers is 99$ and the pearl is 29$ they are still pricing the kickstart at 149.99$

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    well the curve with rogers is 99$ and the pearl is 29$ they are still pricing the kickstart at 149.99$
    Yes, that's correct, and it will be that way for a certain period of time in the beginning.

I need to clarify my earlier post, as the initial price like with any other "in demand" new model will be $149.99. However once they have been out long enough to fill all the early orders and the "newness" of the device wears off, then they are going to use this model as a low cost alternative means of buying a BlackBerry. In fact I know that some carriers are already planning on giving them away for free (next summer) with a new activation, as a way of pulling in either new customers, or to entice customers to leave their present carrier to get a KickStart 8220 for free. This is a story that will get very interesting as the various carriers get the phone and create strategies to take advantage of it's low price.

Cheers

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Was doing some browsing, and found these figures from TMONEWS.com:

New Activation 2 Year Contract $149.99 (after $50 MIR)
    New Activation 1 Year Contract $199.99 (after $50 MIR)
    Full Upgrade 2 Year Contract $167.99 (after $50 MIR)
    Full Upgrade 1 Year Contract $217.99 (after $50 MIR)
    Partial Upgrade: TBD
    Retail Price: $349.99

Quote Originally Posted by moses2628 View Post
    Was doing some browsing, and found these figures from TMONEWS.com:

New Activation 2 Year Contract $149.99 (after $50 MIR)
    New Activation 1 Year Contract $199.99 (after $50 MIR)
    Full Upgrade 2 Year Contract $167.99 (after $50 MIR)
    Full Upgrade 1 Year Contract $217.99 (after $50 MIR)
    Partial Upgrade: TBD
    Retail Price: $349.99
    Yes, you found the current pricing that will roll out with the device. Then after sales drop off a bit the price wars will start, as is usually the case. However with this particular model RIM has kept the costs, low, therefore the carrier will be able to go as low as they want and still make some money on the sale. More importantly it's the monthly data plan where they make the real money, as many mainstream consumers will be coming out of a regular phone with no data plan, to the BB with the additional income stream to the carrier from the data plan.

Cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12