Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Blackberry Pearl Flip 8220 Kickstart Smartphone (unlocked) Brand: Blackberry SKU: BB8220EU Availability: Preorder Retail Price: ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

skanarkia no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24594A12

Question 8220 at $399.00???

Advertisement

Blackberry Pearl Flip 8220 Kickstart Smartphone (unlocked)Brand: Blackberry
    SKU: BB8220EU
    Availability: Preorder
    Retail Price: $499.99Our Price: $399.99
    Expected Arrival Date
    Oct. 16, 2008

HERE IS THE CONFIRMED PRICING FOR T-MOBILE USA:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=88429
    Last edited by skanarkia; 10-02-2008 at 11:52 AM.
    Is Only Me And My BlackBerry....

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    The unlocked price should be right around the same price with no contract right?

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.69 OS BETA!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by skanarkia View Post
    mobilecityonline 14 day Satisfaction Guarantee
    Meaningless. The first resellers always price according to their profit margin target.
    We will know the real pricing structure one it's in the hands of the major carriers. Until the people who pay these prices are willing to over pay which is what keeps these resellers in business.

blacktouch007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7B30C2E9
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thank God I thought that that was the price with contract. I was about to have a heart attack like wtf lol

ej
    ej no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    280A5A37
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~me too

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    haha it wont:P Rogers' price is 150$ on 3years and you guys always get cheaper

I'm just guessing, my prediction is that T-Mobile here in the US will offer it for $99.00 as an upgrade price. Then once the other carriers get it (and they will) I would not be surprised to see it at $49.00. This will be one of the best mass market BB's yet. No matter what each of us thinks about it, I truly believe that it will attract a lot of people that have never considered a BlackBerry before. A very clever design, and strategy on RIM's part!

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    I'm just guessing, my prediction is that T-Mobile here in the US will offer it for $99.00 as an upgrade price. Then once the other carriers get it (and they will) I would not be surprised to see it at $49.00. This will be one of the best mass market BB's yet. No matter what each of us thinks about it, I truly believe that it will attract a lot of people that have never considered a BlackBerry before. A very clever design, and strategy on RIM's part!
    Clever design, good strategy yes -- but I just hope it works. First flip fone may be buggy. The technology for flip design has been out forever, but this is RIM's first try at it - interesting to see how many come back for warranty because of a flip bug

Look at the keyboards in Skanarkia's original post - the 8220 next to an older Pearl - I like the larger keyboard!

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    I like the larger keyboad too.

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.81 OS!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    i heard 99.99 with a 50 mail in rebate. with a 2 year agreement. im thinking itll run 299.99 with no commitment.
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    Quote Originally Posted by NICKY88XX View Post
    i heard 99.99 with a 50 mail in rebate. with a 2 year agreement. im thinking itll run 299.99 with no commitment.
    I hope that's the price or I'm sticking with my 8820.

Briley1975 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    244EFF2D
    I am guessing- knowing TMo pricing, that this one will run 149 w a 50 rebate on qualified plans w the bb feature added. They may run a promo on it for the first couple of weeks after they pick it up but I see it being the same range as the 81xx. For those of you thinking 50 or so...it is wishful thinking. Carriers take a hit on these phones w the "2 yr discount". yeah, everyone thinks that just because they have been a customer for 18 years that they deserve a free $400 phone, but the companies have their margins that they need to hit. And when you just got a free phone 3 months ago, they are not as likely to offer this up at a full discount, no matter how long you have been a customer.

my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Briley1975 View Post
    For those of you thinking 50 or so...it is wishful thinking.
    I agree with your well written response as it applies to other BlackBerry models. However in this case, RIM is taking a completely different approach with the flip model. They have purposely designed & built this model at the lowest possible cost to them. In turn they are passing on that savings in the form of a much lower cost of the device to the carriers. The main goal that RIM has made well known to the carriers & the analysts on Wall St is to make this the first ever mass market BlackBerry. The Pearl was a "test" to see what public response would be for a consumer focused BlackBerry. Because it was so successful, RIM immediately began working on the flip model with two goals in mind at that time. Now knowing there was a lot of interest, the first goal was to create the first flip BlackBerry & the second goal was to keep development & production costs low so as to truly target the mass market with a low cost BlackBerry. RIM wins because they sell a huge number of devices, the carriers win because they keep their normal margins while selling data plans that they would not normally sell. It's a brilliant move by RIM. The perfect follow up to the original consumer BlackBerry, the Pearl.

Cheers
    sent via BlackBerry

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    Clever design, good strategy yes -- but I just hope it works. First flip fone may be buggy. The technology for flip design has been out forever, but this is RIM's first try at it - interesting to see how many come back for warranty because of a flip bug
    I have confidence in RIM. Building a good flip mechanism is easy. They have great engineers on staff, & just like any other manufacturer, they benefit by studying the competitions flip designs & related issues, thereby avoiding those problems on the BlackBerry flip. This model is going to surprise the critics. It is being very well received initially & it may very well wash away some of the poor image issues that are being created by the Bold "delayed release" debacle.
    Cheers
    sent via BlackBerry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast