This function used to work crisply until several weeks ago. Pressing the Mute/standby button now ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

stuka no está en línea Stack level 3

8130 Wont Wake from Standby

Advertisement

This function used to work crisply until several weeks ago. Pressing the Mute/standby button now frequently, not always the unit will refuse to come off stanbye. I seem to ahve to keep pressing teh mute/standbye button, or it just takes a long time to come to life.
    I've tried the battery pull/reset thing and this does not seem to affect the issue. Id appreciate any input here.
    OS 4.3.0.17 UScellular
    THanks
    Last edited by stuka; 03-31-2008 at 12:07 PM.

babyruthhottie no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    318A57B5
    Maybe you crashed your phone its just like a computer so just restore it, it should work

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    hmmm idk. it actually sounds like the standby button might not work, meaning maybe the button broke. is it still under warranty?

Actually, I found the problem. The case I use is a flip top with detachable belt. And it has a magnetic clasp. Guess where the magnet is? Right at the end of the case. It mimics the in pouch auto sleep and confuses my unit. If I push the bb up in teh case when it refuses to unlock, it will unlock right away. Velcro anyone? Youd think the case makers owould have figured that out, but.......... At least I know itys not the unit with a simple workaround.

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    lol damn i cant believe i didnt think about that. yea check your holster settings on your device, cuz that sounds like the problem

For the life of me, I cant find the holster settings on the 8130. I know there here somewhere.........

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    options->security options->general settings