A few nights ago my 8130 shut off for no apparent reason. When I tried ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dhank no está en línea Stack level 1

8130 will not power on

Advertisement

A few nights ago my 8130 shut off for no apparent reason. When I tried to turn the device back on the screen stayed black and the red LED turned on for 15 seconds, then off for 10 seconds and repeated that (like it was trying to turn on) After some time of this I assume the battery drianed itself so I tried charging it in a wall charger. When it is plugged in it does the same 15 second LED thing over and over. The screen does nothing. I tried this both on a USB and wall charger. If I plug it in with no battery the screen comes to life as a white screen with a "no battery" icon. I have tried leaving it plugged overnight and still got nothing.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on here? Do i just have a horrible battery? (I tried using another battery and the device still wouldn't start) Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.s

volscian no está en línea Stack level 5
    I had that happen to me with my pearl, though that was after it came unplugged in the middle of an os upgrade. I eventually had to resort to doing the no battery upgrade and restoring my stuff from a backup.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by volscian View Post
    I had that happen to me with my pearl, though that was after it came unplugged in the middle of an os upgrade. I eventually had to resort to doing the no battery upgrade and restoring my stuff from a backup.

No battery upgrade? I'm unsure what you mean by this. Did you just get a new phone?

No, I've still got the same phone. The idea is that you connect the phone to the pc without the battery in and it will only recognize the core files, and you rewrite the phone's os that way. I'll find a link to the thread and it'll walk you through it. Be warned though that you lose all the data you had on the phone.

Try this, it's how I've fixed my phone a couple times now.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...onnected-5178/

I tried that one. After posting on several sites with no help, I started doing some research and found that the phone was still under warranty (it was originally my roomate's) so I'm just claiming that. Thanks for the help though and I'll be sure to come back to this site if I have any further trouble.