Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Hi All, First post... This worked perfectly for me as well. I have one question ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jdurante no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Hi All,

First post...

This worked perfectly for me as well. I have one question thoug...how do I remove the ones I don't want now? The Bell theme is so boring that I want to get rid of it. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Thanks, just gave this a try and added 4 themes...works easily....thanks for the easy instrucitions!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

OK, I've got an interesting issue with the vzw theme...any other alltel users have this happen??? I downloaded 4 of the vendor themes using the instructions in the OP. The themes are Bell, Rogers, Sprint, and Verizon....just wanted to see what they look like...

Well, the Rogers, Sprint, And Bell theme all appear like normal.......but the Verizon one has the VZW custom icons, lined up on the bottom, but the background is the Alltel one.....it's a strange combo of the 2 themes.....yet in the preview....it shows the VZW theme with the corrrect background.....see the attached screen shots:

Twitter? My Apps List

This is a bit tempermental and quirky.....but I'm still glad I gave it a try.....really like some of those vendor themes.

So, I decided to remove the first group of 4 vendor themes I tried, re-installed the Verizon theme along with T-Mobile, AT&T, O2, and Orange Today........this time, the Verizon theme worked properly, as well as t-mo, att, and this time O2 had the alltel screen and the Orange Today theme wouldn't open at all........So I tried to use the JLGUI to remove some of the themes and left the Verizon one on there........after the re-boot.....the Verizon theme had the Alltel background again....GAHHH!!!

lol, so it's a real crap shoot....but fun to experiment with.....

Oh, and one more thing....for those of you who are tired of having to re-add the themes each time you run the application loader.......just follow the instructions on this thread below for backing up apps and creating an.alx file for it. I was able to use this method to save the Verizon theme......I can now add it and remove it via the Desktop Manager Application Loader.......and it will not be automatically deleted when I use DM...give it a try...

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=70775
    Twitter? My Apps List

Quote Originally Posted by jdurante View Post
    Hi All,

First post...

This worked perfectly for me as well. I have one question thoug...how do I remove the ones I don't want now? The Bell theme is so boring that I want to get rid of it. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Just use the JLGUI tool and drag the .cod for the Bell theme from the Java folder to the GUI, but then click "remove" instead of install, and it will be erased.
    Twitter? My Apps List

jdurante no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Just use the JLGUI tool and drag the .cod for the Bell theme from the Java folder to the GUI, but then click "remove" instead of install, and it will be erased.

Thanks azstar!

contractorslim no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    319fd5aa
    I unlocked the themes on my wifes pearl her sn on here is contractors_wife and it was as simple as it gets!!! sure it takes some knowledge of a computer for the drag and drop but very easy!!! All the themes work seemlessly without any slugishness seen yet. Just wanted to say thanks for your hard work in figuring it out and by the way you are owed alot of trust for this!!!

guyheavensent no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    717cff09
    yw for the instructions, glad most of you had success with this. i cant explain why it works for the majority, could be OS related or something along those lines.

baker954 no está en línea Stack level 2
    This is weird. Did everything to the "T", and it didn't work. got the below error. Did a battery pull, still got the below error. I have the latest OS upgrade.

Uncaught exception: Application.Registry.waitfor (0xac3ae76427d17f19) timeout

The error occured when it automatically restarted after the JLGUI and when I did the battery pull.

baker954 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Well I still had JLGUI open so I'm gonna click the "Remove" button and go from there and pull the battery. I'll let everyone know.

jay_man33 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301DFD64
    Quote Originally Posted by guyheavensent View Post
    Whenever you try the vendor theme trick by entering your vendor code and uploading that onto your phone, it gives an error code 523. Here is an simple way to upload the vendor themes and not have an error.

1. Install the latest OS onto your PC (VZW get it here: http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/download.aspx)

2. Download JLGUI from this thread http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...p_manager.html (Direct link here: www.controlgenie.com/JLGUI.zip)

3. Unzip the file for easy access (JLGUI, javaloader, and supplied files)

4. Connect phone via USB

5. Run JLGUI.exe

6. Browse to C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research in motion/Shared/Loader files then browse the OS

7. Open the /java folder

8. Select all the net_rim_theme files

9. Drag those files to the JLGUI and click install

10. After copying the files over, the phone should self reboot and themes will be installed

11. Enjoy your unlocked themes

credits: FiddlerMD
    "Run-time error: 53" "file not found"?

When I open the JLGUI it tells me it's the first time - where do I open the file to?
    Best of Luck!

JM
    301DFD64

jay_man33 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301DFD64
    I now have an icon with a circle square and triangle inside a box which is circled then has a slash through it....the # 507 is below the circle!

HELP?!!!!!
    Last edited by jay_man33; 08-06-2008 at 11:25 AM.
    Best of Luck!

JM
    301DFD64

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234