Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Sounds to me like they are going to lock the GPS to VZ ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

nosub996 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 8130 unmasked...

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Sounds to me like they are going to lock the GPS to VZ Navigator and disable it for 3rd party apps.

Has anyone used VZ Navigator? Is it worth $10 per month?

guyheavensent no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    717cff09

Quote Originally Posted by nosub996
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Sounds to me like they are going to lock the GPS to VZ Navigator and disable it for 3rd party apps.

Has anyone used VZ Navigator? Is it worth $10 per month?
    when i did use my old razor, it worked without a hitch, but it was not true gps. it was done all by cellular signal and satelites had no bearing on gps. it worked well. vz nav with gps will more than likely be good, but the $10 price point for 'free satelite' usuage is crazy.

so if you can afford the $10, it is worth it, but i tend to mapquest and print off a copy before i head on trips. i will be picking it up none the less for the convience.

ski837547 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by HeyMrRadio
    Considering you need flash for streaming video support, I would gather that the 8130 would have it. Naturally, my source would be Josh's post on BGR, though his source was RIM as well.
    Flash is not needed for streaming video. iPhone does not have flash and it can stream uTube. I have seen nothing in the specs for this phone that states it supports flash. The flash that is referred to by RIMM is the camera flash, not flash for the internet browser.
    Last edited by ski837547; 10-08-2007 at 02:50 AM.

FiddlerMD no está en línea Device Pro

the pre-production unit does play flash video (there is no mini-sd card in it - just system memory) - i was able to watch stuff on youtube - i dont' know which versions of flash it supports though - if anyone can point me to a site where I can check this, i'll let you all know the result

Quote Originally Posted by FiddlerMD
    the pre-production unit does play flash video (there is no mini-sd card in it - just system memory) - i was able to watch stuff on youtube - i dont' know which versions of flash it supports though - if anyone can point me to a site where I can check this, i'll let you all know the result
    Does your pre-production unit have open GPS? Are you able to use Google maps with GPS?

nope, gps is dead on it - in the advanced options / gps, GPS Services says "Location On" or "911 only"
    the GPS Data Source says "Device GPS", but it gets no signal at all and any attempts to get it fail. The lat/lon number in the settings screen always stay at zero.
    the included bb maps software also gets no gps signal from the phone

Quote Originally Posted by FiddlerMD
    nope, gps is dead on it - in the advanced options / gps, GPS Services says "Location On" or "911 only"
    the GPS Data Source says "Device GPS", but it gets no signal at all and any attempts to get it fail. The lat/lon number in the settings screen always stay at zero.
    the included bb maps software also gets no gps signal from the phone
    Thanks for the info!

Is VZ Navigator on the phone?

Quote Originally Posted by nosub996
    Thanks for the info!

Is VZ Navigator on the phone?
    not the one I have

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12