I was getting so tired of my trackball getting stuck because it was dirty. So ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mattdoucet no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301CB12F

8130 trackball nightmare

Advertisement

I was getting so tired of my trackball getting stuck because it was dirty. So I attempted to take apart the components of the trackball. After cleaning it up I painfully attempted to put it all back together. Quite fustrating as the parts are so small and only go a certain way. As I tried to put the trackball components back but for the life of me could not get the metal clip to clip in. Somehow I bent it and couldn't get it back in! I freaked! So what I did was out the bottom part that reads the mouse clicks and set the magnatic rollers on to the small black sensors on the circuit board and cliped it all back in without the metal clip. Worked like a charm. Actually my trackball has never work so good. Yeah I probably messed my warranty up but if you could see my bb would understand. Looks like it was thrown in a bag of dimes and tossed around. I ve droped this darn thing probably 50 times since I ve had it and it still works like the day I bought it. Just a bunch of scratched paint and a few scratches on the screen. On a side note I ve never had a phone so durable in my life. How many flip phones I ve dropped and smashed into pieces. And yes I'm aware I'm rough on my phone. Lol no need to remind me.

gearupflapsup no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    I did the very same thing. Google blackberrytrackball and you will find a guy in NY who sells a replacement kit which includes the trackball assembly and the silver ring for $12. Matthew runs the place and service is excellent. Msg me if you have trouble finding it. I understand your frustation level. I'm an airline pilot and he met me at the airport with the kit. It went in easy in 30 seconds.

Mark
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

gearupflapsup no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    The url is blackberrytrackballs .com

mattdoucet no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301CB12F
    Thanks but no need. My trackball works even better without it and its soooo much easier to clean. I ve read on here that some of the 81XX don't have them. Now I'm no bb guru everyone. Don't go pulling out your trackball and try to clean it yourself unless you arre prepared to possibility void your warranty if you screw something up. Lmao. When I put the small wheels back in place I put them in backwards. Was interesting trying to use my bb for a bit with a reverse axis. Was like flying a plane. Ha ha you would know everything about that wouldn't you. Wouldn't suprise me if ya setup your bb that way. ;@)