Here is the scenerio. Every now and then my phone will not ring. It will ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

disctosser no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

8130 sound glitch

Advertisement

Here is the scenerio. Every now and then my phone will not ring. It will vibrate the correct number of times and when it is supposed to play my ringtone it doesn't. I KNOW I am not on the vibrate profile and I have double check my profile to make sure that I have it set correctly. When this happens a battery pull will fix the problem. When I am having this problem and I go to my profiles and alter the ringtone to a different audio level it does not play the ringtone as it used to. Typically if I were to switch from medium to loud it would play my ringtone in the appropriate level for me to hear how loud it is.

I am running 4.5 and the .77 version of that. I have recently installed new themes but it does not seem to be affected by the themes because I have uninstalled them and the problem persisted so I reinstalled said themes. BTW the themes were the purple storm and blue storm for 81xx if helpful.

If anyone has experienced this and could advise accordingly I would be very grateful.

Thanks a heap. Peace and love,

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68
    How's the free memory on your device? I used to have issues with my 8830 when I would install too much stuff (or store too many emails) on the device. It would wipe my call logs, any BBM conversations that were open and some other weird stuff. Never noticed it affecting my ring tones, but ya never know!

The reason I think this might be the issue for you is because the battery pull resolves the issue for you. This is usually indicative of a memory leak and/or close to capacity memory usage.

disctosser no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me!
    I doubt that is it because I really don't have much installed other than 1 theme and a few 3rd party apps. But I will test it out. Thanks for the idea.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~