My friend just bought a 8130 for US Cellular off eBay, anddd it keeps shutting ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

StephenGuy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30636d59

8130 Shutting off antenna.

Advertisement

My friend just bought a 8130 for US Cellular off eBay, anddd it keeps shutting off the antenna for no reason. You can bring up the connection screen and connect it and as long as you keep up the menu it stays connected, but 10-20 seconds after closing it the connection shuts off.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
    If this can't be fixed it will be sent back but it has to be returned within a few days.

Thanks pinstack!
    -Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I had this happen 3 yrs ago with a 7100t from T-Mobile (woke up one morning to No Service where T-Mobile should have been on the screen of the phone). I opened a trouble ticket through them but after nothing with the service and towers out here was found to be defective, I had to send the phone back to be replaced. Sounds like your friend is having the same issue. UNLESS one of you is technically brave enough to order a new internal radio, open up the phone and swap it out. Gonna need a T6 Torx screwdriver kit to complete the process.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 12-16-2008 at 03:35 AM.

StephenGuy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30636d59
    Hmmm interesting. I'm sure I could manage replacing it, had many BBs opened up. But she was suppose to get a fully function phone so it will end up going back. We upgraded to 4.5 but that didn't fix it. BB's hotline said that this is a common problem and can be fixed by updating but they were stumped when we said it was already running 4.5.

Thanks for the info though, I appreciate it.
    -Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    You're welcome and good luck.

fjl307 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Well hey at least it can be sent back, not all ebay auctions have a return policy like that.