So I've had my Pearl for a couple of weeks, and I love it to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

MonkeyBizIU no está en línea Themes Pro

8130 - Restarting during charging

Advertisement

So I've had my Pearl for a couple of weeks, and I love it to death, except for one thing. Whenever I have the phone plugged in, either to my computer or the charger, it'll charge, and restart while it's recharging. I haven't been able to find any reasonable explanation for this, so if there's someone that knows what it's doing and why, and how to fix it, I'd be much obliged. Thanks!

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Re: 8130 - Restarting during charging

Did you recently install any 3rd party apps that might be causing this?
    It shouldn't be doing this for one.
    You could try a device wipe and OS reinstall/upgrade and see if that resolves the issue.
    If that doesn't work, since you are within your 30 day exchange period you could return it for a new one.
    Could you please fill out your profile info for us so we can more easily help you with any future posts? Thanks

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I had this happen 2 times on previous Pearls. I did uninstall and reinstall the OS (and any apps, contacts, etc I lost). I got frustrated and warrantied them out. This one I have now seems like it will last me until my upgrade. Sometimes you just get lemons LOL

It's been doing it since I got it. It works great and charges fine, it just restarts while charging, and freezes on the loading screen until I unplug it.

Should I back it up and get a replacement?

kebollin no está en línea Stack level 1

When I first got my pearl it did that also . I needed to free up some space and it stopped freezing and restarting maybe that's all you have to do?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Okay. I've deleted some extrabrous programs and run the memory cleaner. Let's see what happens.

kebollin no está en línea Stack level 1

i hope thats all that you needed , I also downloaded a free theme from cherri, and that also freed up alot of space.

I wanted to take the time to post this in case anyone else has the same problem:

Should you be unable to charge through the USB without the device restarting, it is a problem with the device. I would recommend you contact your service provider and arrange for a replacement.

As a note, this comes from the Verizon rep I was dealing with, who said "Yeah, we get these every now and then." and promptly had a new BB shipped to me within two days.