Was just wondering if anyone has noticed any issues with signal strength/reception on the 8130? ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

periopnurse no está en línea Stack level 2

8130 Reception Issues???

Advertisement

Was just wondering if anyone has noticed any issues with signal strength/reception on the 8130? Have had a few calls drop on me here in town, and reception inside my house is pretty weak. This ins't the case on any of my other cellphones and didn't know if it was a device-specific problem. Never had this issue with any of my other BB's.
    Lee

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: 8130 Reception Issues???

I haven't any issues. You are asking about the 8130 right? Your profile says 8310 so wanted to double check

But if it is below the quality of the other phones I would talk to the store you purchased from. Could be defective.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

yes...the 8130. Was a typo when I put the 8310 down....guess the morning coffee hasn't kicked in yet
    Lee

guyheavensent no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    717cff09

i would have it checked out. i live in the middle of nowhere, my MotoQ goes in and out of service constantly, but my 8130 sits at 2 bars and can make calls just fine.

Just back in from the Verizon store to swap it out. The tech support person made notes to my acct. that after reviewing my call log, 17 of 95 calls were dropped. I'm hoping this unit isn't as bad. I've had great luck with BB's before.....and none of the other cell phones here are having that issue. Will keep my fingers crossed XX
    Lee

tafaghodi no está en línea Stack level 3

I have been with verizon for years this phone has the best reception out of every phone I had.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Yeah, hopefully just a bad device. My Pearl has had the strongest reception of any of the cell phones I've used in my coverage area.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

MILKY91 no está en línea Stack level 1

I haven't had any problems with reception with my phone. As a matter of fact at a friends house where my Razr had issues this one does not. I was so glad about that cause now I can use the browser while I'm chilling over there. Good luck with your replacement hope it works out for you

shortman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

I have to agree with everyone on this, my 8130 has the best reception here at home than any phone/smartphone that I have ever owned. Never misses a call or email here in Good Old Gates, County NC.