Just got the red Pearl 8130 (first BB) and I am still in awe of ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Pinstripe no está en línea Stack level 1

8130 question about e mail and SMS

Advertisement

Just got the red Pearl 8130 (first BB) and I am still in awe of its capabilities. However, it isn't what I would call all that user friendly when it comes to basic items like ringtones, for instance.

Ok, for my issue. I set up an e mail account so that my AOL e mails go to my phone. I set it up so that my SMS text messages and e mails were seperate. Each time I get an e mail however it also goes to my SMS text log as well as the e mail log. So, I am getting e mails in my SMS inbox even though I went through both e mail settings and SMS settings and chose SEPERATE.

Any clue as to what I am doing wrong? Also, if I want to stop my e mails altogether but keep getting SMS text messages is there a way to disable e mail temporarily?

Thanks in advance. This Forum has taught me a lot of invaluable info that I wouldn't have figured out on my own.
    Last edited by Pinstripe; 02-18-2008 at 09:39 PM.
    Randy
    Pearl 8130

praesidium no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E2A6FF

Re: 8130 question about e mail and SMS

Are you with sprint? if you are, just bring it to a sprint store and explain the problem to them, they will fix it for you there. Thats what I did with mine

devilsadidas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

I would try pulling the battery out then putting it back in to fix the email in the sms box problem. for ringtones i thought setting a ringtone on a motorola was much harder than on the blackberry, all you do is goto the profiles (speaker icon) and scroll down to advanced then edit which ever one you want and set diferent tones for just about anything. if you want to temporarily stop getting emails the easiest way would be to just delete your email service books(settings, advanced settings, service book) then resend service books through the email settings when you want to receive emails again.

Gotyouopen no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe View Post
    Just got the red Pearl 8130 (first BB) and I am still in awe of its capabilities. However, it isn't what I would call all that user friendly when it comes to basic items like ringtones, for instance.

Ok, for my issue. I set up an e mail account so that my AOL e mails go to my phone. I set it up so that my SMS text messages and e mails were seperate. Each time I get an e mail however it also goes to my SMS text log as well as the e mail log. So, I am getting e mails in my SMS inbox even though I went through both e mail settings and SMS settings and chose SEPERATE.

Any clue as to what I am doing wrong? Also, if I want to stop my e mails altogether but keep getting SMS text messages is there a way to disable e mail temporarily?

Thanks in advance. This Forum has taught me a lot of invaluable info that I wouldn't have figured out on my own.
    I was saying the same thing to my brother today. Why are my emails going into my SMS log? It doesn't make any sense what so ever.

Gotyouopen no está en línea Stack level 1

Bump...