OK i'm new here so im sorry if this is in the wrong place but..I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Jmg16 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 8130 pearl theme/help

Advertisement

OK i'm new here so im sorry if this is in the wrong place but..I got my 8130 verizon pearl last week and im so excited to finally be able to afford the blackberry im 16 and bought it myself anyways,

I couldnt figure out why my themes wouldnt load i got the application error for no new themes and ya frusterating but i figured out that it is because of my 4.3 ver. of OS now after all that...

Is there anyone who can make me a theme or show me a site to get some i would appreciate that SO sOO much...

Thanks,

Jess

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: 8130 pearl theme/help

Jess,
    There are numerous themes around the stacks, but a good place to look is
    http://mobile41.com
    and or
    http://www.cherrichiodo.com/

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

any of the OTA themes will work for you

try this thread, browse to it from wap.pinstack.com

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ta_themes.html

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    any of the OTA themes will work for you

try this thread, browse to it from wap.pinstack.com

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ta_themes.html

If I would have realized you where online, I would have let you plug your own site lol

Ok..thanks for the help!! so I consider myself a little tech savvy but i'm having trouble figuring out ota...I go on the website on my bb right? then click the link and save as w/e... sorry to be a hassle im just like going crazy and i think im the only one who doesnt get this...by the way this site is the best ive ever been on for any forum...ive been searching for this stuff for a while and have signed up and been very dissapointed with most but this one is amazing and thanks for being well here!

PIN/ID
    ATA

the OTA link will look like this: http://cherrichiodo.com/8100%20ota%2...i81pibn2c2.jad

you don't save it, you click it and download -- its a hosted file (not technical enough to be able to explain it '))

so go to wap.pinstack.com from your blackberry browser -- then browse to the OTA theme thread (like above) OR the other theme sites ican mentioned

once you click that link, it will take you to another screen asking you to download... once its done, go to options/themes and choose it if its not there, then you may need to do a battery pull (soft reset -- take battery out while phone is still on, leave out 30 seconds, put back in, let bb boot back up...theme should be there after )

Alright, wow your a life saver hehe! so its good but now of course it says insufficient space for application...hmm i have a 1 gb memory card... is there a certain way to either make sure its using it or to see if i need to delete stuff i have about ten 24. sec ringtones but i dont think thats too much but im not sure?

JMG, I would just make sure that everything that can be moved to the memory card is. As a default the pictures, music, and ringtones are stored on the device. Try moving those and you should be able to free up a lot of space.
    If you want to see what space is available to the device go to Settings>Options> Status

ok so i tryed to get it all to my card .. on media manager i put the folders of everything i added extra into the media card part not the device memory part but still when i look it says no free space?

Wow, unless you have added a whole lot of extra apps, this should not be an issue. Do a battery pull wait 30 sec, reinsert and restart. See if that resolves the issue.

PIN/ID
    ATA

have you done a battery pull? i know it sounds crazy, but its been known to clear the memory.

verizon has released it's Pearl OS. you should probably download it and install it to your PC. use application loader and load the OS to your phone -- let the wizard run. might help with some memory loss.

PIN/ID
    ATA

Foiled AGAIN!!! nice job

here's a link to your new OS for the Pearl
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...w_4_3_0_a.html

OK FINALLY!!! yes i just tryed the battery pull i have to admit a little skeptical but it worked and i just not download my first custom theme thanks!!! ok im so excited now!! and as far as making them on vista there is no way yet so ive read on other threads....too bad but thanks soo much!

sherish no está en línea Stack level 1
    does any one have the Verizon theme for the pearl?