Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have read on here before that the 8130 will erase sms and email messages ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

capp81 no está en línea Stack level 2

8130 Memory Leak?

Advertisement

I have read on here before that the 8130 will erase sms and email messages when memory gets low. Where exactly do you find what the devices memory is? It's a bit ridiculous that I wake up this morning and all my messages are deleted. Thanks fellow stackers.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    Options > Status
    What does the free file say?
    Try removing themes and apps that you don't need, clear your browser cache, logs and the like. That should help free up a lot of space.

it says 1891222 Bytes free

The you only have 1.8mb free, you need to start cleaning your BB memory now. That is way too low.
    Try doing a battery pull first (I hate saying that) it will clea out a lot of temp stuff. Then do as I stated above.

Thanks alot. What should I try and maintain as a safe amount of memory? Why doesn't the device utilize the 2GB SD card I have in it? BTW, like the avatar.

Just curious when you do a battery pull do you power down the device first or just remove the battery while the phone is still on?

Just pull the battery, wait at least 30 sec to a minute to put back in. Leave the power on and it will also come right back on after. Check how many apps and themes you have installed also, remove what you really don't need.

team_mom no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have 1.6 memory left and I only have bb messenger, and IM+. Standard themes. Is it the voice dialing that takes up so much? I also deleted the extra languages. Anything else? I'm still test driving an 8830 and I am leaning toward pearl if Verizon doesn't come out with the Curve first.

Will Pearl have the same issues?

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Yes MOM it will, same issues. You want to see how much memory you have AFTER a bettery pull to tell you if you have too much stuff installed.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

cndngirl20 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm having the same problem.
    I don't even have a data plan, so I'm not using any browsers/email.. but my memory is constantly going down to Zero. and I have a 2G media card too which stores all my songs/ringtones and pictures.
    I went to where I bought it, and they acted like it was not a problem the memory kept getting erased, they just said to pull the battery every two days. I think thats bullshit, it shouldn't be a problem especially if I'm only using the phone for calls and SMS.
    Getting your messages and call logs deleted is so annoying eh?

Moridar no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    302686bc
    Try checking what is installed from desktop manager. Connect your BlackBerry to your PC and back it up. Then click on Application Loader. Then remove anything you don't use and remove the language files.

This should help some...
    Gave up on Rogers! Went to Telus!

wxboss no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21DA38F3
    cndgirl,

follow the advice in this post - it's important that you get rid of unneeded languages, the sample video and unneeded preinstalled pictures.

Also, delete emails off of your BB that you do not need, and set the 'Save' period within the messaging app to 15 days versus the default 30.

Also, check out RIM's site here: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...00%20114990265 to find useful suggestions that they have. I know it may be a lot to read through, but it will pay off in the end!

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    I'm having the same problem.
    I don't even have a data plan, so I'm not using any browsers/email.. but my memory is constantly going down to Zero. and I have a 2G media card too which stores all my songs/ringtones and pictures.
    I went to where I bought it, and they acted like it was not a problem the memory kept getting erased, they just said to pull the battery every two days. I think thats bullshit, it shouldn't be a problem especially if I'm only using the phone for calls and SMS.
    Getting your messages and call logs deleted is so annoying eh?
    ok you need to do a memory optimization. after a battery pull you should have atleast 15mb of free space to work with. now there are memory leak issues with the 8130. pm me and ask for my PIN and i can do walk throughs with you.

Moridar no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    302686bc
    @Virex: Just post it here like everyone else does.
    Gave up on Rogers! Went to Telus!

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    well besides the memory optimization thread here on the forum, i would delete RIM's yahoo messenger if you have installed on the device. that app is sooooo unstable its rediculous.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast