is anyone experiencing uneven backlight problems on their keypad when lit? I just recently swapped ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

clxa38 no está en línea Stack level 1

8130 keypad backlight issue

Advertisement

is anyone experiencing uneven backlight problems on their keypad when lit? I just recently swapped mine. the first one had a defect in the ear piece. now, THIS one has a backlight issue. all of the key's backlighting is uneven. some keys are brighter than others. some keys are soooo dim that it's an ugly brown and sometimes yellow. Should I deal with this or should i go into a verizon store and swap it out for another one? how are the keypads out there?

UKFan643 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: 8130 keypad backlight issue

I can tell you mine is the same. I haven't been able to see a difference in the ones in the Verizon store, but the lighting isn't very helpful to tell. I haven't been bothered too much by mine, but I see how it could bother you. I would suggest trying a new one to see if you like it any better.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Its like that on most pearls. Which nodel do you have? If you have a model with a majority grey/white keypad then its easier to tell. If thy have a darker keypad its a lot less noticable.

clxa38 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Its like that on most pearls. Which nodel do you have? If you have a model with a majority grey/white keypad then its easier to tell. If thy have a darker keypad its a lot less noticable.
    i have the 8130, it's a beautiful phone and it works great for my needs as a student. there are just minor things that bugs me. i like the trackwheel on the 8100 more and the backlighting could be better on the keypad. other than that, it's a good phone. i just don't want to go through the hassle of swapping it out for another pearl.